ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

I wonder why I have no time for photography

This past weekend I made a trip to Kansas City to pick up Marty. His official name is Greygoose Dirty Martini Straightup, but he's our 4th black lab. Along with my daughter, I barely have time to think of photography.

Although, on my way back I got stuck in Salt Lake City because of a flight cancelation I was able to have a good chat withour fearless leader John. There is a $21 hamburger with his name on it in Palo Alto.

Marty is our last puppy for awhile as we plan to send him, and our other puppy to a professional trainer. It's so much work but how can you get tired of a puppy.

I recently bought a Leica and it's been much easier to take photos. Hopefully I can start scanning slides when we get our new ProMac computer setup.

I think of everybody here often and I should be a more regular forum attendee in the future.

Loren
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I wonder why I have no time for photography-marty.jpg  
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Random Opportunist Photographer

Re: I wonder why I have no time for photography

All I can really say is; ultimate Cuteness!!
    Please feel free to edit my photos; I'm sure anything you do will be an improvement to the originals!

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Dad duty can sure take up all of your time, like I said when your little one was born, welcome to the club and leave your personal time at the door.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

What a sweetie pie!

I totally relate. We just got a new puppy a couple of weeks ago. She's pretty darn time consuming.
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

Liz

Hey there Loren! It's always so good to get some updates from you and it's great that you're doing well, although a little time for photography would be nice. Adding a Leica to your equipment is awesome! And a bit easier/quicker to set up and use.

Your puppy is so sweet! Yes, pets are a lot of work, but worth it. I have 2 cats - Molly and Jeremy - and they are great company and entertaining.

You're missed around here, but it's good that we know you will post when you have time.

Liz

I think my situation is similar to yours. I like photography. In order not to miss any opportunity to shot around, I carry my Fujifilm x10 whenever I leave home. Shooting en route can be a great fun. Try it.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||

the Daddiest Dad

Carrying: Leica CL, Canon EOS 40D, Fujifilm x10
    Dreaming of: Leica M and M6
    Base: Daddiest.com
    Gallery: Color, Black & White

Beautiful puppy!

With two young kids, I can sympathize as well. Although I find it's not the actual shooting that takes up the time, it's all the organizing and editing. Shots sometimes languish on my hard drive or memory card for a long time.

What a cutie. What breed is it?

Nice lookin pup. Yea, its funny, I'm always running short of time when it comes to the things I'm into. Its not just photography, its literally everything. LOL. Weird. When I was younger it seemed like a day last forever. I got tons of things accomplished, I exercised, skateboarded across the city several times, went to school, did homework AND had time for hours of videogaming and getting wasted... All in a day !!

Now a days it seems like I barely have time to eat and sleep before its all over and the next day starts ! WTF happened ? Did god reduce what a hour is lately and I didn't get the memo ?

Thread Information