Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
I didn't realize you two were photo pals. One of the great things I loved about learning photography in college was that I had a couple of guys that were learning with me and we were always pushing and challenging each other. It made all of us better. PR is very much that way for me now. I love some of the challenge threads they force you to get out of the comfort zone and grow as a photographer.
Though as Tash said, I am a tad biased to her work, it has been one of the most encouraging things to have a friend also working on learning photography. She's definitely more advanced along than I am, but seeing her work, along with everyone else on this forum gives me quite the push to keep going and get out of my comfort zone (which I do love ).

Tash - I can see what you mean about the out of focus bit, though I didn't notice it as much with the editing. I didn't know about the unsharpen mask in PS. That's my biggest problem with my camera right now is the out of focus in various light levels...I'm sure that has to do with some settings that I need to play with, but at least I know a method to try now to see if I can salvage a decent shot if I screw up on the settings! :thumbsup: