ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Horse....Warning: Dead animal

I found this little guy on the side of the road in the woods this morning at about 6:30 a.m.. I was out looking for a nice place to set up shop when I noticed a gaggle of black vultures milling about on the side of the road behind some tall grass. When I pulled up to investigate the first thing occurred to me was the smell which came pouring in from the A/C. Then as I got closer the birds took off and I saw a scene that devastated me. At first I thought it was a large dog, but it became quickly clear that I was staring at what was once a beautiful palomino foal.

I am a horse lover. I love most all live stock. I am a huge fan of cows, and
    I love horses nearly as much. I am quite heartbroken, and torn up over this, and pissed off that some beast of a person would just dump this poor foal's body like this. I don't even care to imagine how the foal ended up like this, but I wouldn't bet against some mistreatment. I called the police, but since the horse was not a traffic issue they told me it wasn't thier deal. A response that only served to enrage me further, but so life goes, I guess.

What a stupid, and sad indignity for this baby of a horse to suffer...

Below is a picture of that foal, and his disposers in the trees waiting for me to leave.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Horse....Warning: Dead animal-26532-031.jpg   Horse....Warning: Dead animal-26532-022.jpg   Horse....Warning: Dead animal-26532-016.jpg  
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Re: Horse....Warning: Dead animal

call animal control and they will investigate

SERIOUSLY..... worse things happen daily to livestock and "pets".... sad but true. This horse may have died due to no fault of the owner and he/she didn't have the $500 it would cost to properly dispose of the body? It cost me $175 to get rid of my dog !
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Horse....Warning: Dead animal

Having the beer can right by his head is kind of disturbing...

Jared

Thread Information