ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Ghost

Hockey + Air Traffic Controllers = ???

Some Serious Drinking

I went to a Chicago Wolves game last night with my Dad and all his air traffic control co-workers from O'Hare international airport. We were there while the Wolves lost to the San Antonio somethingorothers with only 40 seconds left in the overtime period....DOH!!!!

After the game ended and they kicked us out of the arena we headed back to their favorite waterhole apparently...."the gas light" or something like that at the airport hilton. The photo of my Dad with the chandelier growing out of his head was taken there. It was a fairly classy joint that had half-naked girls serving you drinks and food. We were the only things in there lacking "class".

Anyway, it was the first time I met these folks and they were a lot of fun. I'm not sure how comfortable I'll be flying in and out of O'Hare from now on
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hockey + Air Traffic Controllers = ???-wolves.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images    

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Re: Hockey + Air Traffic Controllers = ???

At least you have minor league teams up there. I've been jonesing for the strike to be over so my Florida Panthers can get back on the ice, especially since I freelance and occasionally work the broadcast truck as a technical director. That is extra money for camera stuff.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Re: Hockey + Air Traffic Controllers = ???

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Ash
    It was a fairly classy joint that had half-naked girls serving you drinks and food.

I'm not sure how comfortable I'll be flying in and out of O'Hare from now on
    1. classy--- huh? sounds interesting ;)

2. I was thinking the same thing...as long as they do it after hours it's all good. THAT HAS to be one of the most stressful jobs ever they deserve to relax...my dad was a an air traffic controller eons ago...
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thread Information