ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: His and Hers

Pentax Forum Moderator

His and Hers

I kind of feel like a traitor to my Kodak and Nikon...but...the second half of our Pentax family arrived today. Here's the first baby pictures...of course taken with a NIKON!!! hehe...
    We have them tagged, mine with a blue velcro strip and hers with a black velcro strip, so that we can both have them set to our shooting styles and not have to change around.
    Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails His and Hers-p-twins.jpg  
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Re: His and Hers

Nice pair!

Don't feel bad. I think you did the right thing. It's not efficient to try to support two separate systems. This way you can share lenses and you'll both know the other's camera, should you need to swap. Plus, we need someone here to represent Pentax
    Photo-John

Pentax Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Plus, we need someone here to represent Pentax
    Well, I've got my little saying..."Real men use Kodak P/S's, too!"...I'm Nikon Samurai #20...Now I'll have to come up with something for the Pentax's...hehe...Variety is the spice of life!!! hehehe...
    Thanx John...
    Ken
    Ken

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Great to see a couple doing some photography! Must be fun just to get in the vehicle and go take pictures with the one you love.

Enjoy them.

By the way, I tried to think of some funny joke/inneundo about you two switching lenses but my mind draws a blank

Pentax Forum Moderator

Thanx Jared...hmmm...switching lenses...I guess some of our more witty users could probably come up with some pretty funny ones...but like you...right now I draw a blank, also...hehe...but one things for sure...I'd much rather be changing the lenses on these twins than changing the diapers on my twin daughters...oh wait...they just turned 22 this week...and I don't mean months. hahaha...
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

That didn't take long to make the switch to a DSLR! Congrats on the new purchase Ken.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Pentax Forum Moderator

haha...yep Michael...as soon as I got the chance to play with Kims...my p/s just didn't cut the mustard anymore. I was pretty busy yesterday playing and testing. Went through the included batteries in just a few hours and used almost a full charge of my 2500mah rechargeables. Took about 200 test shots, included a bunch of night with my older zoom lens from my film Pentax's...tried to get the moon last night with it, but they were real soft for some reason, I'll have to figure out if it was me or the lens. We do have 2 50-200mm lenses on backorder and 2 2 gig sandisk cards also on backorder. I went to walmart and bought a Kodak 256mb card to play with until the other stuff arrives. I'm looking forward to using all of it at the Wisconsin get-together. Of course as mentioned earlier, I may be in Phoenix for it...hehe..
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Great to see Pentax is going to be represented here on PR in a big way. My first serious SLR was a Pentax H1a that I loved and was a great little body. AS for keep you and your wife in the ssame system that makes a lot of sense. Years ago when Joy first started to take a few pictures I bought her a Nikkormat so that she would be able to use my lenses. I saved a lot on duplication and it made a great backup or second body for me if I needed it. Can't wait to see some of your results.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Pentax P*istols ??
    ----------------------------

"Pentax Praetorian"? What could be better than saving Caesar? Besides, Pentax has some K mount lenses that date from just after ancient Rome, don't they?

Well, maybe "Pentax P*istols" is better.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Hey...I like that P*istols...thats cool chunk...hehe...I'll have to find a couple of crossed pistols as a tripod with an *ist mounted on it!!!
    Praetorians...hmmm...I guess I could use some of my older pentax stuff as the logo...hehe...
    Great ideas guys...Anyone else have some ideas???
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

When you bought that camera did they give you a secret message telling how to pronounce *ist? That still seems the dumbest marketing move since Prince became formerly known as.
    ----------------------------

Pentax Forum Moderator

Yes...but I was sworn to secrecy under penalty of death!!! hahahaha...(NOT!!) hahaha...oh and I've come up with an idea for a Pentax logo...I put it on the wrong canvas size and now having trouble figuring out how to get it to full size with out the extra canvas...hehe..
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

My ex and I used to have matching Minolta Maxxum 7's, with matching ∑ 28-135 lenses. Beautiful cameras they were. Never had a problem telling them apart though. Mostly cuz I never let mine out of my sight...
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Thread Information