ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Hey paulnj...

Hey paulnj...

mind if I jump in and asign myself to be Canon Bird Nerd #2? If you'll handle the feathered types I can probably get the metal/fabric ones.

For example I recently spotted this FM2 Wildcat marking it's territory. If you look between the main landing gear you can see the shiny spot where it left it's mark.

Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Well I'm not paul, but thats just a sweet shot. Do they allow you out on the runway?
    Kit

Hey Kit...

I work at the airport so I pretty much have free reign of the entire grounds. I'm the supervisor in charge of the guys working on the flight line that park/fuel airplanes, the fuel farm, fuel trucks, security, etc.

This was actually taken on the ramp next to our self-serve avgas pump. I was standing on top of our Avgas truck, hoping that the airplane would belch a lot of smoke at startup, radial engines normally do. He was there for a while and I had time to get a bunch of shots and to position myself to get shots like this. You can check them out on my website.

Here's one from his takeoff. I was hoping to catch him with his gear up but his takeoff roll and gear retraction took long enough that I wasn't far enough down the runway to get a shot with his gear fully retracted. Unfortunately, the cloud cover was only broken so at this angle it looks like a solid overcast. Still, I didn't think it was too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by shesells
    Well I'm not paul, but thats just a sweet shot. Do they allow you out on the runway?
    Kit
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    CANON BIRD NERD #3 is fine, but Kristin is #2

COOL SHOT!
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Thread Information