ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Re: Has Spring Sprung????

From this mornings walk around the neighborhood with the nifty fifty.

Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has Spring Sprung????-csc_7146.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-csc_7120.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-csc_7089.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-csc_7122.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-_csc7279c.jpg  

Sorry, kind of counter "spring has sprung" but here are a couple from 4 days ago, and then two more from today, and yes that's snow falling today. About a foot on the 31st and another 4-6" today....I am wondering if it will ever sprung here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has Spring Sprung????-img_0735-8.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-img_0738-11.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-img_0754-1.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-img_0755-2.jpg  
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Quote Originally Posted by EOSThree
    Sorry, kind of counter "spring has sprung" but here are a couple from 4 days ago, and then two more from today, and yes that's snow falling today. About a foot on the 31st and another 4-6" today....I am wondering if it will ever sprung here.
    Oh My! Not at all what I have in mind for Spring. I hope Spring comes soon for you there in WY.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

A snow, cold, windy crappy day yesterday, but that isn't stopping the bluebirds from nesting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has Spring Sprung????-img_4909d.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Seems to have here, the weeds are growing just fine
    Here's something a little prettier form down our street.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has Spring Sprung????-img_4324.jpg  
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Still not as spring as it could be here. I've only seen one kind of flower so far.

Has Spring Sprung?...Roaring like a lion... Drought talk all around California though.

Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has Spring Sprung????-csc_6887.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-_csc7586c.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-dsc_8806.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-_csc7319c.jpg  

We have some great images of Spring so far in this thread. Thanks for playing everyone. Here are some that I captured yesterday evening after work. Bees, lilacs, tulips and of course everyone's favorite Spring weed the ever present dandelion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has Spring Sprung????-dsc_7195-2-800.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-dsc_7219-2-800.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-dsc_7184-2-800.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-dsc_7178-2-800.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-dsc_7211-2-800.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

It's Not All About Flowers

I've been meaning to add something to this thread for a while but I've been super busy. Yesterday I took my first photos with the Lenbaby Composer lens and they they would be an appropriate addition here.

By the way, I think it's good this is in ViewFinder. Spring isn't all about flowers. It's also about getting out in the sun. For me, it's been about switching from the skis to the bike. Last week I was in California for the first bike festival of the year, the Sea Otter Classic. That event always marks the arrival of spring for me.

My pictures are actually of flowers, though. At this point, I'm still not quite sure what to do with the Lensbaby. But flowers are a sure thing. Kitties out soaking up the sun are a pretty good Lensbaby subject, too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has Spring Sprung????-_mg_4606.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-_mg_4599.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-_mg_4624.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

I have a lensbaby (from a couple of years ago) and most images from it give me a headache.

It's been too rainy here to get out with my new camera. But the plants are soaking up the rain! Before it started raining there were no flowers in my yard. Now I see fully grown red tulips and my bush is sprouting purple flowers. But I just don't want to get my camera wet ...
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Okay, I got out for a bit yesterday. Here's a couple from that session. I posted the first one in critique as well, but I actually shot it for this thread.

Last edited by opus; 05-01-2009 at 02:33 PM.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    This may be a better topic for the N&W forum but I thing it's pretty general so here we go in Viewfinder. I was out yesterday afternoon and really started to see the first real signs of Spring. It seems like it is taking a long tome this year to get here. Here are a few of the images I got yesterday feel free to add your first signs of Spring photos here in this thread.
    You've really got some great shots.......I love the one with the bee and fly........great close-ups of all the beautiful flowers......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has Spring Sprung????-img_2734%3D%3D%3D%3D.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-img_2744%3D-.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-img_2753%3D%3D.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-img_2761%3D%3D.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-img_2746%3D%3D.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    A snow, cold, windy crappy day yesterday, but that isn't stopping the bluebirds from nesting.

Great photo of the "Bluebird"...........spring has the squirrels out of the nest, also!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has Spring Sprung????-20060124_img_0452%3D%3D%3D.jpg  

So glad that so many found signs of Spring to post pics of in this thread. We have had some very nice images here including the few snow shots. Here is my latest signs of Spring photos. Mother Robin on the nest and wild flowers down by the creek.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has Spring Sprung????-dsc_8175-2.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-dsc_8159-2-800.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

Beautiful!

Those are a couple of beautiful flower photos, Opus! I love the background blur! Did you shoot these with a 50mm?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

As Spring slips away from us Ithought i'd make one last Spring flower post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has Spring Sprung????-dsc_8071-2-800.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-dsc_8682-3-8x10-800.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-dsc_8564-2-800.jpg   Has Spring Sprung????-dsc_8661-2-800.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

Yes, it has. 80 degrees yesterday in the Bay Area.

Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has Spring Sprung????-csc_4814c.jpg  

Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

Wow, wow, wow....these are fantastic shots! I took some today too, tomorrow is suppose to be horrible I will post some later. This is a great thread, OT, the shots with the flowers and the bee are wonderful!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information