ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Happy Birthday, Baby!

Today is my middle boy's 5th Birthday! What is it about 5 that is so exciting and so heartbreaking all in the same day? He will be off to kindergarten in August.
    (Good for him, bummer for me... my little buddy won't be here with me all day)

Jordan is a funny child. Back in his old preschool they made a special section of kids quotes in the monthly newsletter... Jordan got in every month. A couple times a month.

He told me the other day that "George W. Bush (pronounced JurgeDubbyaBursh) killed all the dinosaurs" (?! Where he got that I have no idea).
    Jordan also told me one morning at about 5 am that "God Speaks Spanish."

Jordan's order of the day is to have "Meatloap" for dinner (?! Thankfully he has changed his mind and has requested Panda Express Orange Chicken!).
    He has asked me for 2 lava lamps (Thank you, Sharktale!) 1 "scary book" and a tatoo.
    (I hope the Spiderman scooter we got him will do.)

Anyhow, I woke him up and took pics (hence the bad hair!)... but to make it up to him, I'm making him homemade cinnamon waffles, topped with powdered sugar, sprinkles and maple syrup. He's such a good sport.

So on that note, thought I'd share the Birthday Boy with you ... he's very happy today, been talking about his birthday since Halloween.

Rebekah
    VillenaDeCorte
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Happy Birthday, Baby!-jordy-bday-bw-4.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Re: Happy Birthday, Baby!

Happy Birthday! And my good friends Jars of Clay wish to sing to your boy!

http://luyckxnet.no-ip.org/music/jars_bday.mp3
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Very funny!!
    Thank you!
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

Happy Birthday middle boy
    ;)

and happy GIVING BIRTH day to you
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

NAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My homegirl ;) where ya been? I hope all is going well over there for you.
    Thanks for the well wishes (man I can still feel the pain! I've been looking at baby pics all day)!
    How are the new house and pet?

Much love,
    Rebekah
    VillenaDeCorte
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

- Marx

life is good staying off the computer and of the phone and life has simplified....

Still unpacking and the newt is still alive...we've added 9 feeder guppies and only 5 are left guess he eats fish too HA!

Are you going to NY? we're trying to figure out if we can go for the day...if you are that would be great incentive...

My youngest boy is gong to be four in August and he already looks like a boy instead of a toddler...

they grow up too fast...here's their mugs from 10 minutes ago...just for you...gotta love the cut off heads ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Happy Birthday, Baby!-caleb-march.jpg   Happy Birthday, Baby!-stasia-march.jpg  
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

awwwww so sweet. wouldnt be a kid shot if the heads were fully intact! ;)
    Thanks for those!
    I am trying like mad to get hubby to plan a work trip to the East Coast so we can all go together for the NY gathering.
    We're heading to Santa Barbara in 3 weeks so thats killing a lot of vacation time and money....
    I am working on a SF meet.
    Isn't it wonderful when you unplug the phone. I made a point to turn off my cell this week since all the kids are home. No chance of emergencies, and it has been sooooo quiet! Now if I could just get my mother in law to go take a vacation....
    but thats another thread.
    ;)
    -Bek
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

- Marx

Penny,
    Thank you for looking and your kind thoughts I know, Nats kids are like a whole other beautiful breed. So wonderful! It goes by incredibly fast... I cant believe he's 5! My oldest will be 8 this June, and the baby is already 15 months. I thought it would go by slower now that I am home with them (I teach only a few hours a week, or I bring them along, so I'm rarely without them)... but its been going by as fast.
    Jordan is such a handsome little guy, and not to say it as a bragging parent, but more like a reflective one- he looks like my father, bless him, and reminds me of him so much.

Thanks again for popping in and saying hi
    All the best,
    Becky
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

- Marx

What a cutie! And yours too Nat!

Happy Birthday to him a bit late.... My youngest starts her swim class today, she's such a big girl, she doesn't need help anymore, she can do it all herself
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by villenadecorte
    He has asked me for 2 lava lamps (Thank you, Sharktale!) 1 "scary book" and a tatoo.
    (I hope the Spiderman scooter we got him will do.)

Rebekah
    VillenaDeCorte
    Well I can't help with a "tatoo" but here is a couple TATTOOS. I endured the 13 hours, but he can have the image free

Disclaimer(from a P&S digi on my winter dried skin) and the chief goes too high for this site ;)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Wow, Paul those are pretty wicked!
    Jordan will stick with the lick and stick tatoos for now ;) haha.

Adina! Thanks, that is so sweet- swimming! What big girl!
    I hope you get some pics from her swim class that would be cute!
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

- Marx

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

wicked? those are an indian scout and little bald eagle( I named them other names though... I will email you the new names)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Thread Information