ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Had the chance to play with the Mark II

Got the chance yesterday to play with the Mark II. Love it, love it, love it. This thing is the new dream machine. Also the new software that comes packaged with it is awesome.

The software is like real software and not some afterthought they packaged just to say they gave you software. Excellent RAW file processing.

The camera! Where do I start. The new E-TTL 2 is so spot on. Used it with a 550EX. The grain structure that has been rumored is not a rumor. ISO 1600 looks like 400. Skin color, which was a weakness of old 1D, is beautiful; not too red anymore.

For me E-TTL 2, grain structure, skin color and software make it a very good value at $4,500.00. Can't justify it yet, but I am looking for reasons.

Dennis
    "Foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by dsl712
    Got the chance yesterday to play with the Mark II. Love it, love it, love it. This thing is the new dream machine. Also the new software that comes packaged with it is awesome.

The software is like real software and not some afterthought they packaged just to say they gave you software. Excellent RAW file processing.

The camera! Where do I start. The new E-TTL 2 is so spot on. Used it with a 550EX. The grain structure that has been rumored is not a rumor. ISO 1600 looks like 400. Skin color, which was a weakness of old 1D, is beautiful; not too red anymore.

For me E-TTL 2, grain structure, skin color and software make it a very good value at $4,500.00. Can't justify it yet, but I am looking for reasons.

Dennis
    Where did you see it? And why didn't you take me with??
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Ditto. Who had one? It's not supposed to be available until April. It is sweet, isn't it. I'm trying to figure out what to sell (besides my 1D) so that I can buy one. I think 8 megapixels might be all I'll ever need. And no - I did not think that when I bought my 1D.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Here's the story

Denis Reggie, the photog that shot Arnold and Maria and JFK Jr. weddings was in town for a seminar. It was really small. Well we have a common acquaintance down in Atlanta where he is based.

So I attended the seminar, had lunch with him and spent some time chewing the fat. He just got back from Susan Lucci's daughters wedding. He was testing some preproduction Mark IIs for Canon. So I played with the Mark II with 70-200IS 2.8L, 85 1.2L, 16-35 2.8L, 24-70 2.8L lenses.

Also, he showed me the unedited photos, straight from the camera of the Lucci wedding. Blew them up and showed me different shots from different ISOs.

Once you get this camera, you will not need another one. 8.2 is big enough for almost any application and boy talk about beautiful preview screen.

Dennis
    "Foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Oh man am I jealous! I love my 1D, but you just mentioned the only two things I'd change (8.2 and preview screen).

(Heavy sigh)
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

A loooong way from 1000! Cowgirl's Avatar
    Oh my, oh my, oh my!!!

This camera would rock! I would LOVE to use it at weddings too!

Now, all I need to do is find the end of a rainbow, and get that lucky pot o' gold!

Kathy

Thread Information