ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Growth

Growth

So a few weeks ago a posted a shot from this August and last August. I had mentioned that I didn't think I had made any improvement, felt stagnant, boring, in a rut....so on an so forth.

So my workshop was two weekends ago. I had a really good time and I think it gave me a shove in the right direction. Not that I've improved leaps and bounds in the time since, but it helped me get back to where I want to be.

So here's some from today...which I think feel more like me, and not like something else.

adina
    Last edited by adina; 04-04-2006 at 10:09 AM.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Re: Growth

Notice the two missing front teeth. That has got to be one of my most favorite things in the whole wide world.

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Adina, great shots as always!
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Pentax Forum Moderator

Adina, I have only followed your works for a few months, but have always thought your work to be excellent, and these shots are no exception. I have not yet had the opportunity to go to any workshops or have any professional training, but the help here has helped my photography tremendously, so I understand what you mean about feeling stagnant as that was the way I was beginning to feel, until, I found PR. You have a real talent and some wonderful models. I look forward to your and their future works.
    Ken

There is always such a great feeling of love in your images of your daughters. I am always moved by them and impressed with your talent. The usual great job on the conversions. Thanks for sharing that gap toothed grin and those sparkling eyes..
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Adina, I have only followed your works for a few months, but have always thought your work to be excellent, and these shots are no exception. I have not yet had the opportunity to go to any workshops or have any professional training, but the help here has helped my photography tremendously, so I understand what you mean about feeling stagnant as that was the way I was beginning to feel, until, I found PR. You have a real talent and some wonderful models. I look forward to your and their future works.
    Ken

Hey Ken,

This was my first workshop/training anything. Most of what I learned I picked up on this or other sites.

Thanks for your comments.

adina

a funny side note about that gap tooth grin....

so she was walking past me, and I said let me see that tooth. Her last front tooth was hanging by a thread. So she wiggled it with her tounge, and I said why don't you pull that out? So she reaches in, pulls out her tooth, hands it to me, and continues on her way.

adina

great job

Hi Adina,

I think that you are/went through something that all aspiring photographers go through. If you want to be better you want constant growth, but there will always be a point that your growth will flatten out during that process. It's normal.

At first the curve is steep and everything is coming at you 100% so you can readily see the imporovement. I think you have done a great job with these photos. Bringing out smiles from little children is a good thing and it sure brightened my day. Keep up the good work and feel confident in your skills.

Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    a funny side note about that gap tooth grin....

so she was walking past me, and I said let me see that tooth. Her last front tooth was hanging by a thread. So she wiggled it with her tounge, and I said why don't you pull that out? So she reaches in, pulls out her tooth, hands it to me, and continues on her way.

adina
    That's hilarious...lol.

I've only been here for a few months, so I haven't seen any of your previous work, but these photos here are quite beautiful. I particularly like the last one of the bunch.
    Emily

Re: great job

Quote Originally Posted by racingpinarello
    Hi Adina,

I think that you are/went through something that all aspiring photographers go through. If you want to be better you want constant growth, but there will always be a point that your growth will flatten out during that process. It's normal.

At first the curve is steep and everything is coming at you 100% so you can readily see the imporovement. I think you have done a great job with these photos. Bringing out smiles from little children is a good thing and it sure brightened my day. Keep up the good work and feel confident in your skills.

Loren
    Thanks,

I'm feeling a bit better about it, I think it's that "everyone goes thru it thing". And I feel like I'm back on track with where I want to be going.

Will we see you and your lovely wife in Chicago this year? I had such a good time at the dinner last year.

adina

Re: great job

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    Will we see you and your lovely wife in Chicago this year? I had such a good time at the dinner last year.

adina
    Hi Adina,

We'll probably have to sit out this year. Karen started a new job, and I plan on taking a week and a half photographing Vietnam or the eastern sierra's fall colors. Our time has been very reduced due our workloads and Chicago is one of the casualties.

I would love to set up a future Milwaukee meeting though. Cannot go wrong with the beer capital.

Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Thread Information