ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

The Great Bag Search... part 3

I FINALLY chose a bag: Pelican PCS172
    It is a camera bag/briefcase, slightly larger then my needs, room for a laptop, with rollers. I was so excited to make a decision...then everywhere I looked it was on backorder or not in stock. I need this bag by wednesday as I'm flying out on Thursday AM.
    I tried to call around to various places indicated on-line that had them, they were all closed by the time I got off work to call.
    One place was open on Sunday!! So, I called this am. and guess what?

They had some in stock. I'm having it 2nd day'd to me so it should be here by Wed. at the latest. Not the cheapest shipping I've ever paid by ANY stretch of the imagination, but still their cost of the bag wasn't the most expensive either so it all balanced out.

I'm SO excited. I'm just hoping that it gets here on time. It should for the extra i'm paying, that is for sure.

I'll be sure to post a review after I use it a bit.

(i'll probably get a more rough and tumble everyday bag in a while, domke or sling-back pack, but this is more feasible for airline travel and PG me.)

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Re: The Great Bag Search... part 3

Looks good! Thanks for posting a link. I'll be in the market soon for a travel case as well. I already have a couple backpacks and a couple smaller hip packs but I need something that can hold my camera gear, perhaps my laptop, and can be accessed easily when I'm shooting an event. This looks like it may work for me as well. I'll keep an eye out for your review.

Thread Information