ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Got to take a photography class today

My girlfriend bought me a beginning photography class for my Birthday and I just had the class today. I know I've been taking photos for about 2 1/2 years now but most of the knowledge I learned was from here and a handful of sites combined with what seemed right to me. Not that any of the knowledge I've learned from you guys has been bad or anything, just that the class really filled in a lot of gaps I still had and tied it all together I liked it well enough that I signed up and paid for the intermediate class myself which gets into stuff like using aperture & shutter priority modes properly, night photography, white balance, flash, etc.

The beginning class really gave a good foundation of knowledge. More than you might expect from a "beginning class". They covered a huge range of stuff........ (below copied from their website)

Understanding Digital Cameras
    Learn Manual Settings & Exposure Control!

Shutter Speeds.-Control Light &
    Stopping & Blurring movement

Aperture -Control Light and Depth of Field

ISO settings-Light Sensitivty and
    Quality of Image

Lenses & Perspective-
    Lens choices, Focal lengths, Aperture Opening

Composition- Rule of Thirds, Perspective,
    Leading Lines

I thought it was an awesome class. A lot of info in 5 hours but the presented it in a good format so you didn't feel overwhelmed and had time to process it all. One of their main end goals is to get the "typical newbie" off of automatic modes and into using the full manual mode.

Re: Got to take a photography class today

My cam was not so good. But anyone can help me how to do the best shoot when taking a picture to the right position? is there any stepping?

Thread Information