ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Going up

Going up

Last Christmas my oldest was in the Nutcracker. Talked to the director about shooting, just for fun. As a thank you, I dropped off a couple 4x5's. The studio called, asking if I had more, so I put some together to take in.

End result. What they want to do is like a story book display across the studio. 11x14's matted and framed. Between 15-20 photos. Kind of exciting.

adina

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    Last Christmas my oldest was in the Nutcracker. Talked to the director about shooting, just for fun. As a thank you, I dropped off a couple 4x5's. The studio called, asking if I had more, so I put some together to take in.

End result. What they want to do is like a story book display across the studio. 11x14's matted and framed. Between 15-20 photos. Kind of exciting.

adina
    Adina,

Congrats! ALways a wonderful feeling to have somebody WANT your work, just for what it is.

I hope you are charging them accordingly...seriously, 11x14s could easily go for 100-200 bucks, unframed.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

awesome

from peppers and domestic goddess to your own gallery exhibit....all in a days work... that's great I'm really excited for you.
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Congrads! Always nice to be recognized.

Liz

Smile Congratulations Adina!

What a wonderful opportunity. Your photos are excellent, especially the one of the things you love.....your family! I'm sure you were able to capture the same awesome moments with the children. I'm happy for you.

How about posting some? I for one love viewing your photos.

Liz

adina

Wow, that's great news, Adina. Your great eye and talent is starting to pay off for you...couldn't happen to a nicer person. :-)

thanks

I'll post a pic of them once they are up. As far as pricing, I am waiting on a call to find out about custom cut mattes. We are also looking at 10x20's. But I am planning on charging accordingly. I'm meeting with her again tomorrow evening.

adina

Talking Congratulations Adina!

adina
    That is awesome! You never know when opportunity is going to knock.

"Kind of exciting." Now that's a masterpiece of understatement! This gets me excited! I love reading when others on PR get published, displayed, whatever. It shows that hard work and dedication really pays off. I'm thrilled for you.

And Seb is absolutely right. Do NOT sell yourself short! Make sure you get a fair price for your work. You deserve it!

Congrats again, and be sure to post some of those shots for us.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Congrats! I'm very excited for ya...

-Stew

Thread Information