ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Glamour shoot with a friend ...(warning, implied nudity)

photographed a friend of mine about 4 years ago, doing just portraits and fashion. Now 32, she wanted some glamour/sexy images because, in her mind, she didn't have too many years left with her trim figure. 5 hours in a top downtown hotel, with nothing but window light, produced some really nice images for her. About 1/2 taken with the D100, the other 1/2 with my trusty Contax G2.
    #1 - As I was checking the meter on the D100, she grabbed my G2 and fired off a few shots...this one was semi-posed.
    #2 - tinted in PS, G2 Delta 100
    #3 - Late afternoon sun coming in 18th floor window, some PS used to darken the shadows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Glamour shoot with a friend ...(warning, implied nudity)-lisapr1.jpg   Glamour shoot with a friend ...(warning, implied nudity)-lisapr2.jpg   Glamour shoot with a friend ...(warning, implied nudity)-lisapr3.jpg  

Opinionated Newbie
    Nice shots. The one in the middle is very good. Very sensual. The nude near the window is excellent as well. Often times the image that does not show anything, yet gets you wondering, are the best. They are sensual and erotic.

I do not know if people on this board are offended by this sort of imagery. I personally find this genre one of the most exciting and beautiful areas of photography. The human body, the female form in particular, is amazing. The way light is absorbed and reflected by the skin provides a natural canvas for a photograph. The curves and crevasses make for very interesting shadows and highlights.

Very nice work. Should we have a forum specifically for this type of work so as not to offend those who prefer to avoid it?

Opinionated Newbie
    I just re-read my post and wanted to make one more comment. The reason why the one in the middle is so sensual is the dip in her back. You captured it very well. Just my opinion

I really like the second one. It is very sensual. A beautiful image. The others are ok too, but didn't really move me like the 2nd.

john
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Opinionated Newbie
    OK. I was just looking at this image. I realized I had a distraction. The white triangle in the above her left shoulder is pulling my eyes away from the subject at hand. Maybe clone it or burn it out with PS?

I also have a comment about the crotch area. It would have been a little better had the pose been set up just inches more to the right in the photo.

Enough comments from me

Thanks, John and Todd, for the comments. #2, I agree that the bright spot is a bit distracting, and I might give darkening it a try. Window light was my only illumination, and I liked the deep tones I goty in both color and b&w.

Re: glamour & nudity on PR ... while it is allowed, you'll find most of the posters here are not into that kind of photography. A few years ago, this was nearly all of my photo work, and posted a lot here on PR. I know that Photo-John, our fearless leader, does want a warning of some sorts in the title when posting, giving viewers an option to open the thread or not. Thanks again.

Can I look like that when I am 32?

Love the second!

adina
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Adina...

From your self-pics that I've seen here on PR, I'd want to photograph you even if you were 82!!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    Can I look like that when I am 32?

Love the second!

adina

I love the third, actually. My artistic senses just go off firing trying to figure it out, and then appreciating it.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    From your self-pics that I've seen here on PR, I'd want to photograph you even if you were 82!!! :-)
    Charles, I'm very flattered!

Thank you!

adina

Re: Glamour shoot with a friend ...(warning, implied nudity)

I really liked your first photo, The second one of the set. This is the type of photographs I love to take,they are far more challenging then regular nudes. I'm a big fan of implied nudity, especially Black & white . Great Job !

Lynsbandit

Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

I agree with everyone, the second shot is outstanding....Not many years left at what for her? :lol: I wouldnt go back to 32 for love nor money, she will ne just as beautiful at 42! NIce work!

Very good work, Charles. I like the second one best, but that third shot is certainly intriguing.
    Enjoyed viewing.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Wow, this is a blast from the past! I love it when these old thread get resorrected.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Ack! When Charles originally posted these, I had 6 yrs to go to try and look like this! Now I'm down to 1 1/2! I better get moving!

good lord. i'm past 32. i'd better get going.

Love them!

Thread Information