ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Newbie Alert

Newbie Alert

My name is Fester. I am new to photography. I want to appologize for any stupid questions I may ask it comes soley from my ignorance. I hope to find helpfull ppl to guide me through. Thank for your time.

I have recently purchased a Canon PowerShot A630. I understand it is good camera for an inexperanced shooter and for a moderate. I wanted something to start with that I could grow into. Do you guys think this was a good choice? I also was hoping you could suggest some assories to put in my camera bag to help me along. Thanks again.

Re: Newbie Alert

Fester-
    I think you'll find this is a very friendly encouraging community. No need to apologize for future questions. We firmly believe that the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. You can't learn anything if you don't ask, right?

I think you made a great camera choice. The Canon A-Series digitals may not be the fanciest cameras, but they offer full range of features, including full manual exposure control. You're not going to find the A630 holding you back anytime soon.

After you've used your camera a bit, please post a review. User reviews are the foundation of this site and we need everyone to give back by posting reviews for their cameras and other equipment

Read and write Canon PowerShot A630 digital camera reviews >>

Glad to have you! And thanks in advance for the review
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Yea I think I will like it here if everyone is like you, John. I use forums for a lot of things. I have found not all are friendly. I am not much of a wrighter but i will try to do my best.

Fester

Fester,

Almost nobody ever rips anybody on this site. If a troll shows up, they get booted pretty fast. No need to worry about insults, derogatory comments, etc. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask. Just enjoy your hobby. Share your pictures. Welcome.

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

This is a very friendly community. I joined up a couple years ago when I got my first SLR, a 1973 SRT-102 when I was first getting into photography and I've really learned a lot from the group here.

Welcome aboard!
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Lutz
    If a troll shows up, they get booted pretty fast.
    They don't very often actually get booted. We just.. sort of... don't play...
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    They don't very often actually get booted. We just.. sort of... don't play...
    Yeah, look at Photo-John for example. That guy's been here for YEARS and we haven't been able to get rid of him yet

Welcome aboard, Fester! I agree with John I think you've got a great camera there. Now, to make us happy all you have to do is take pictures with it

Have fun!

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Well I have descided to carry may camera with me in my car. I work out of my car. Here are a few from today. One is my boss in the graveyard in our warehouse, the other is a car on fire I saw coming out of the coffee shop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbie Alert-firefighters1-copy.jpg   Newbie Alert-scottngraveyard-copy.jpg  

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Hi again Fester,

The one of your boss has a lot of style and character to it! I'd like it even more if you told me that you sought out that angle deliberately and asked him to pose But, I like it either way.

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Yeah I agree with Rick that last one could be in some kind of ad campaign. Welcome aboard hope to see more images like that last one.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

I was on the stairs looking down talking to him and just thought it was cool. He stuck out his arms joking before i took the picture, But I asked him to do it again cause I like the way it looked.

Roy

I should have something to post this afternoon. I am going to the Louisana state capitl to play with the camera. I want to take some shots from the top looking out over baton rouge and then to the old state capital just because it is a beautiful old building.

Quote Originally Posted by Fester
    if everyone is like you, John.
    Ooh, that'd be a crazy world!

Welcome to the site!

Thread Information