ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: A Painful Image

A Painful Image

This is a close relitive of mine. I will not say who or what she is, but I will say that she has recently let our family way down. I have harbord much anger toward her for some time now, and since I do not have the opportunity to tell her to her face how I feel I have made this image.

This is how I feel she looks on the inside. This is not a hateful thing that I have done here. I love her very much. This is a product of sadness and dismay.

I would like to see if any of you have such images of people who have hurt you. I think that would make a very interesting thread. If you do post, I think it would be best to leave out how you are related, either by friend or kinship.

Here is my pain:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Painful Image-becky.jpg  
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    SERIOUSLY..I am sorry that this person has caused you great pain, but I learned NEARLY TOO LATE that holding on to pain is not good .

My mother threw me away like yesterday's paper when I was 7(on my MF b-day no less).. ANGER, PAIN, SADNESS, QUESTIONED WHAT I DID....

DUDE, I love the $h!t out of my mother dispite that day

My mother is now very ill, and I wish I had moved on way earlier in my life.

Just my humble opinion on what you may or may not miss by harboring SADNESS, ANGER or an other negative emotion.

PLEASE!!! I am not trying to turn this thread into ANYTHING.........I am just commenting on my experiences that may pertain to your very dramatic image.
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by almo
    This is a close relitive of mine. I will not say who or what she is, but I will say that she has recently let our family way down. I have harbord much anger toward her for some time now, and since I do not have the opportunity to tell her to her face how I feel I have made this image.

This is how I feel she looks on the inside. This is not a hateful thing that I have done here. I love her very much. This is a product of sadness and dismay.

I would like to see if any of you have such images of people who have hurt you. I think that would make a very interesting thread. If you do post, I think it would be best to leave out how you are related, either by friend or kinship.

Here is my pain:
    Hmm, good way to work out emotions, IMO. Better than committing a crime.
    Pain, suffering and art seem to go hand in hand.
    Good for you for doing this.
    I hope a resolution comes to your family soon.
    As for your picture, its effective.
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

Quote Originally Posted by villenadecorte
    Hmm, good way to work out emotions, IMO. Better than committing a crime.
    Pain, suffering and art seem to go hand in hand.
    Good for you for doing this.
    I hope a resolution comes to your family soon.
    As for your picture, its effective.
    Thank you villena. As the title and post suggests this is a very painful subject for me. As Paul mentioned before it is not good to get mired down in the pain of it all. Well for me this was an attempt to express openly what I had kept deep inside. It was a very good release.

almo
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Thread Information