ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

It's time to order Christmas presents

This time of year there are a lot of members and visitors wanting to order new camera equipment. My goal is to try and keep you from being suckered in by extra low prices on the Internet and end up getting nothing but problems. I would like to invite all members and visitors to check out the "Camera Dealer feedback Forum" on this site and maybe we can help keep you from getting your Christmas ruined by a bad Internet experience with the information we have. Click on the address below to come and check us out BEFORE you order anything! Hope you have Merry Christmas or Holiday Season which ever you celebrate, Jeff :thumbsup:

http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=10
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: It's time to order Christmas presents

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    This time of year there are a lot of members and visitors wanting to order new camera equipment. My goal is to try and keep you from being suckered in by extra low prices on the Internet and end up getting nothing but problems. I would like to invite all members and visitors to check out the "Camera Dealer feedback Forum" on this site and maybe we can help keep you from getting your Christmas ruined by a bad Internet experience with the information we have. Click on the address below to come and check us out BEFORE you order anything, Jeff Hope you have Merry Christmas or Holiday Season which ever you celebrate. :thumbsup:

http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=10
    I just received a new set of batteries yesterday - and would like to let everyone know that everything went fine and that the online dealer is reccomended.:thumbsup:

Problem is - I am not sure how to explain this... Should I create a new thread in the CDF forum describing my experience with the dealer OR should I post in an exisiting thread there (e.g. Recommended sites and sites to avoid)?

Either place is fine. Your more than welcome to add it here if you like. It will be seen longer and by more people if you start a new thread in the CDF forum, Jeff

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    It will be seen longer and by more people if you start a new thread in the CDF forum, Jeff
    Sorry - didn't get a chance to see your edit.

I already posted in the "Recomended sites and sites to avoid" thread...

Christmas Presents? That's very kind. I've had the hots lately for the Nikon 10.5 DX fisheye, since you asked. Let me know if you need my address.

OK, seriously... Consider giving a gift card instead of an actual piece of equipment. Top rated and the latest-greatest gear can be amazing, but it's all a very personal choice. Hard to say what'll interest a photographer - especially one who has been at it for at least a couple of years. For example, the lens I mentioned above has been out for about five or so years and while I think it's pretty well received, it probably won't show up on any "top 10" type lists this season.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Christmas Presents? That's very kind. I've had the hots lately for the Nikon 10.5 DX fisheye, since you asked. Let me know if you need my address.

OK, seriously... Consider giving a gift card instead of an actual piece of equipment. Top rated and the latest-greatest gear can be amazing, but it's all a very personal choice. Hard to say what'll interest a photographer - especially one who has been at it for at least a couple of years. For example, the lens I mentioned above has been out for about five or so years and while I think it's pretty well received, it probably won't show up on any "top 10" type lists this season.
    I agree 100% about giving a gift card. People know I like Starbuck's but I "try" not to spend "my" money ($4 Latte) - so I'm always thrilled when I get Starbuck gift cards for Christmas.

I can't imagine how happy a gift card for B&H would make me! WOW! I think I would frame it for a few weeks until I could make a rational decision on what to spend it on.

Santa - are you reading this?

Liz

plus b&h gift cards go up to $1,000 :-D

i know cause thats how i had to buy my 70-200 lens.... gift card and the rest on a credit card ($1k limit on credit card)
    check out my photography website
    http://dylanschneider.zenfolio.com/

Please feel free to edit or change any of my pictures to show me how to improve them.

Nikon D200
    Nikon D7000 w/grip
    Nikkor AF-S 18-135
    Nikkor AF-S 60mm macro 2.8
    Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr
    Nikon tc-17eII
    Kenoko extension tube set
    SB-600

These are all good suggestions but the message I was trying to make was whether it is a gift certificate, present for yourself or a loved one you need to be very careful where you make the purchase. Buying from some of the sites on the Internet can really ruin the holiday for you. Please don't get drawn in on the unbelievable low prices because they are just that!!! Unbelievable. Be careful when making your purchase, Jeff

Thread Information