ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Fred Miranda

Fred Miranda

First, in no way do I mean this as any sort of spam.

Someone sent me a link to Fredmiranda.com and I spent only a few minutes there and started wondering. Wow, a lot of photographers there have amazing pix. Is this place a group mostly pro fine-art photographers? Does anyone know the history of this site and is Fredmiranda using this place to sell his plug-ins? Do they have a process of submitted pix meeting a criteria before they are hosted in the gallery? Or the fact that they charge $45/year tends to make the quality of images higher that average? Am I even asking the right questions?

Maybe I could spend a lot of time there and find out. But am hoping someone has a feel for what the overall theme of that place is and the type of photographers it attracts.

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Re: Fred Miranda

If I understood the fee correctly, it was used to upload photographs to, otherwise, you have to link your photographs there via HTML.
    I have spent a little time over there and wasn't that impressed with the community.
    Paying for a site isn't that uncommon, it varies by site as to what you get for your fee.
    I can't really say that it ups the quality of images on a site though?
    But who knows?
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

I've only known of him for the plug-ins. Pretty inexpensive and look like they'd be worth a try, but hey - you can't try everything. I remember looking thru the forums at one point and having the same impression.

I've checked out their forums from time to time. I like the creative photos some of their members post for critique and they have a great fs / wtb section.

Thread Information