ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Forums for portraits and other subjects?

This is the only photo site I've seen with forums for particular subject matter, but it only has nature/wildlife and sports. That's more than any other site has but it leaves out some big categories. What I haven't seen anywhere is portraits-- how about a forum for portraits, or just people? Another obvious category would be travel-- or just "places". [Where you live is probably "travel" for me.] Architecture and design would be great too. I'm thinking there's a lot of good work that's not getting shown.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: Forums for portraits and other subjects?

Chris,

Welcome to the boards!

The Viewfinder and the Critique forums are basically "catch-alls" for all kinds of work. You'll see plenty of portraiture and architecture in either.

There is also a gallery section of this site which has many more categories, including portraits. Take a look through them, there is plenty of good work for looking and for inspiration!

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Well, Rick pretty much summed it up about the gallery, but I just wanted to welcome you to the boards and enjoy your time here!

Post lots!

A forum for portraits! Too much polarization. Many members do not even understand the nature and value of the critique forum. Pat on the back should only be for quality work and suggestions for improvement should not be reacted to by defensiveness and aggression!

Ronnoco

Thread Information