ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Forums are great way to communicate!

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum and I can't wait to get more involved with it. These forums are extremely important to everyone who uses photography as a release of energy and a wonderful way to get involved as a community of photographers.

I have shot as an "amatuer" since I was in sixth grade, so I believe I was about 11 or 12 years old. I am now 29 and after eleven years of bad career decisions I have decided to follow my dream of becoming a Photography instructor at a University of some sort. Before I decided I wanted to do this, I had an idea that the commitment was to long, but after seven years of playing the move up game from my former career editing commercials for televisions, I realized that I could have finished my masters by now. So, better late than never.

I have only recently decided to start a blog that documents issues and my own personal feelings about photography as a whole. I also add about 5 to 10 images per blog, of work that I have been compiling and working on to someday frame, print, and show. Please take a look at your lesure.

www.shawnkringstadphotos.blogspot.com

(may need to copy and paste, sorry)

I am documenting my progress through school on a weekly bases. Whether you are in agreement in what I may say or not, I am leaving the comment section open for ideas, thoughts, and comments.

I am happy to see so many people participate in this forum, feed back is always a key to our direction in life. I hope to use these forums as a way to understand different ideas and even to communicate my thoughts to everyone that posts.

Thanks to everyone that supports this forum!

Shawn A. Kringstad

Re: Forums are great way to communicate!

Welcome to PR, Shawn, and I am sure you will like it here. Nice blog though I didn't read all of it. You do have some wonderful pics there so I would encourage to post some of them in the appropriate forums here.

There are some great people here that really know what they are talking about and will always give good critique of your images. This is a pretty big family, but it is one I am glad to be a part of.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Ditto what srobb said...
    Welcome to PR...I haven't had a chance to look at your blog yet, but from what srobb said...sounds like an excellent resource. I look forward to seeing many posts from you. Again...Welcome
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Thanks for the welcome. I have not had much of a chance the last week to reply, mainly because of finals week. I have been reading some of the posts and replies that people have left all over this forum, it is a wonderful source to chat and ask questions about photography. As for posting my own photographs, I am sure I will in the next few weeks.

Thanks again for the welcome!

Shawn

Thread Information