ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

First photos from my new E3!

I finally could afford to do it - I got an Olympus E3 body! I'm so used to my E300's that it's a bit of a learning curve and it's going to be awhile until everything is reflexive, but I was able to casually shoot with it (under no pressure, my shoot was done) at the Cleveland Auto Show Friday afternoon before it opened to the public on Saturday. I had only bought it the previous Sunday, so I still used one of my E300's for the pro work, but did use it a little bit for that as well. Here are a few of the personal shots - close-ups of a classic '57 Chevy Bel Air, a classic Cadillac, and a modern Dodge Charger.

Megan
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Liz

Re: First photos from my new E3!

Whoa! Megan! This is a BIG DEAL!

Congratulations - Great camera, the E-3 - you deserve it. I would love to have one of these - but even if I could afford it, my back wouldn't be very happy! We all know that excitement - how it feels to get new equipment, especially when it's something as nice as this.

Your photos are beautiful. So clean and sharp - great color.

I really look forward to seeing more images in the days ahead.

You go girl! Drum Roll

:7:

Liz

Thank you! I worked hard for it. The weight doesn't bother my back so much as it bothers my right hand - my hand will be stiff for days after a shoot. So I got one of those Blackrapid double harnesses, and my hand and shoulders are a heck of a lot happier. (I'm going to review it soon.)

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by megan
    Thank you! I worked hard for it. The weight doesn't bother my back so much as it bothers my right hand - my hand will be stiff for days after a shoot. So I got one of those Blackrapid double harnesses, and my hand and shoulders are a heck of a lot happier. (I'm going to review it soon.)
    Megan,

What lens(es) do you use? These are incredibly good images. Just curious - do you ever do video? For some reason, video doesn't interest me. It seems to interest most other photographers, however.

Liz

Thanks. that was the 14mm-45mm Zuiko lens that originally came with my EVOLT 300 kit with the Olympus FL 36R flash. I should have more interest in video than I do, but no... it doesn't really interest me. Generally, when a technology doesn't interest me, that spells dooooooom! (Look how long it took me to get a pro dSLR camera...)

drg

So you bit the bullet! Good for you and congrats. I remember you were excited about the E3 when you first saw it.

Now you have fast enough AF to shoot cars moving too!!

Will look forward to more soon.

So how do you like the car show circuit by now?
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Car Shows - give me more!

I LOVE IT!!!!! Love. It. I'm sad that it's drawing to a close, but am looking forward to some crazy press days in NY, and then some classics festivals over the summer. I've been slowly making some great contacts, and am working on an automotive-only website to be up before NY. I'll maintain the fine art and general work website and have two separate sites. If everything that is in the works for this coming autumn happens, it will be an awesome fall. I don't want to jinx it by blabbling about it all over the net when it's still iffy. I am working with such a great team for such a great company! A sample from Chicago here. Thanks for looking!

Megan

WOW Megan, congrats on the new camera...

Also good to see pictures from the auto show again this year. I was going to ask you if you made the same ones like last year. Very nice pictures of the BMW from the Chicago show in that article.

Good luck with the rest of the year and with your adventures. From the look of your pictures you are on your way..

James

hey congratulations. enjoy. I went from an E-300 to an E-30 so I know about that learning curve. Damn thing has more bells and whistles, but it still won't fetch me coffee. : )

Congrats for that E3 :thumbsup: think is an excellent work tool hope too some day I can afford one of those. I just started with a 4/3 E500, used of course but in good shape with the 14-45 as yours.

Antonio

Yeah, as much as I paid for my E3, it has no poolboys. Alas!

Cool! Yeah, I still use my E300's as a back-up. I bought one of them used, and when I get my back-up E3 body - it will probably be used!

Thanks! I'm definitely excited about everything I've been doing. I made most of the same shows this year, minus San Francisco and plus Las Vegas for SEMA. Planning on hitting some classic shows this summer for myself.

Congrats Megan, the thing is built like a tank.LOL
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Excellent

I'm very happy for you, Megan. Was it worth the wait? Is it everything you'd hoped it would be? I do love the tilt-swivel LCD. Everyone should have one.

Now you just need to get the 12-60mm lens and you'll be all set...
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Excellent

Thanks. Definitely worth the wait. I love it. The swivel LCD is definitely win when trying to get interesting angles of cars. (I spend a lot of time photographing on my knees at auto shows.) As for that lens - well, it depends on the outcome of my appointment with the accountant doing my taxes on Saturday!

That tilt-swivel screen is a joy. Yesterday I think I put my eye to the viewfinder all of twice since everything I shot was from below my eye level. When I put the OM-3 on the tripod I was not happy to have to crouch way down. How spoiled I have become.

Congrats on the addition to your photography stable. Always a thrill to add new piece of equipment. Nice photos, got to love those classic 57 tail fins. My dad had one and it was the first car I ever drove on back roads when I was 14.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thread Information