ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: First came....

Pentax Forum Moderator

First came....

Peter Fonda in Easy Rider...Then came Clint Eastwood in Pale Rider...Now we have COLD RIDER!!!!

While on my walk today, this brave, but probably cold, biker came by. This is my first bike shot with my new camera and so is my first of the "bike season"!!! brrrrrr...It was about 25 degrees today, but it was a nice sunny day. One of few we've had recently. Oh and btw...it snowed last night...believe it or not!!!! hahaha
    I had a few seconds to setup my camera on this so want to ask what you think of my settings. I was shooting at ISO 50 f7.7 @ 1/60 sec. spot metered (center). I ps'ed it a bit to sharpen as it was a bit soft and of course to crop it.
    Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First came....-cold-rider-pr.jpg  
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Now we have COLD RIDER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Peter Fonda in Easy Rider...Then came Clint Eastwood in Pale Rider...Now we have COLD RIDER!!!!

While on my walk today, this brave, but probably cold, biker came by. This is my first bike shot with my new camera and so is my first of the "bike season"!!! brrrrrr...It was about 25 degrees today, but it was a nice sunny day. One of few we've had recently. Oh and btw...it snowed last night...believe it or not!!!! hahaha
    I had a few seconds to setup my camera on this so want to ask what you think of my settings. I was shooting at ISO 50 f7.7 @ 1/60 sec. spot metered (center). I ps'ed it a bit to sharpen as it was a bit soft and of course to crop it.
    Ken

Geez!!! I think it's too cold to ride when it gets below 60 degrees!

Great shot Ken. And knowing that it was taken with a Coolpix, it speaks volumes about your foresight in setting up the shot. The Coolpix's are very capable camera's, but responsiveness is NOT their strong suit. Great catch!
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information