ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Finally got out with my camera

I have been in slump most of the winter. I can't seem to find the motivation to get out and take photographs. Today I got out and took a drive over the mountains like I used to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally got out with my camera-img_1412-4.jpg   Finally got out with my camera-img_1416-8.jpg   Finally got out with my camera-img_1424-16.jpg   Finally got out with my camera-img_1458-50.jpg   Finally got out with my camera-img_1428-20.jpg  

Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Re: Finally got out with my camera

EOSthree, very interesting images. Obviously winter in the Wyoming mountains is a little less severe than it is in our Canadian Rockies further north. I really like the first one, it looks like a castle in the mountains. It would be nice if you could tell us exactly where these were taken. Thanks.

WesternGuy

The first one grabbed me because of the castle effect. I also like how you have the stream at the bottom of the scene, nice contrast of the elements.

TFS,

#1 Tongue River Canyon, #2 Shell Canyon, #3, 4, 5 Bighorn Canyon.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

EOS3, Your photos look Great. WY is an awesome state. I love visiting up there.

I'm glad you found the motivation to get out and thanks for sharing your captures.
    Bob in Denver
    ==========
    Larger photos always available in my user gallery
    http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=278310

. . . rough, rugged, almost barren, yet beautiful ! :thumbsup:
    Randy, Gear - 3 in the green, with a T2i and some lenses !

Very nice shots and beautiful country. I really like that first shot, the stream and road lead your eyes right into it. Beautiful composition.

Those are some nice shots, EOSThree. The ruggedness of that area kind of reminds me of Southern Utah, and even Big Bend NP in Texas (minus the snow). I love Wyoming. I like to go backpacking and one of my most memorable trips was in the Wind River Range. We went past Big Sandy Lake and into an area called the Cirque of the Towers. It was stunning. Have you heard of that place or seen it yourself? It's a pretty long hike, but well worth it. Actually, that's where I took the pic I use for my avatar.

Paul

Wow. I really like the second one...

What great scenery... One of the best things I remember was visiting my brother in Colorado Springs and walking out his front door to see the mountains every day.

James

Thread Information