ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

A Few From Today's Hike

Couldn't wait any longer for my meter to get in, though it should be here on Wednesday. I took the Yashica out yesterday and used the on board meter. I'm still getting used to holding a TLR, so combine handshake with pretty bad under/over exposure and I don't even have to tell you how that roll came out Weather was perfect today so I grabbed the tripod and the Oly OM-G for metering and headed out for a hike. Here's a few of the shots. Nothing all that great. Just experimenting for the most part with the cam and tried out Fuji Neopan 400 for the first time. Anyway, thought I'd post a couple for you all to check out

Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: A Few From Today's Hike

I like the first two especially the plank path leading into forest.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

I agree with Frog. Nice work on them all. You are making me want to try medium or even large format. What time of day were these shot? You got great nice out of the sky.
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thanks Frog and Greg

That second shot was kind of a screw up. It was in the shade but the sunlight was shining right on the viewfinder and I could barely see what I was shooting at. I focused using the DOF scale as there was no way I could see well enough to focus. I kinda liked the textures of it though, so I posted it anyway.

Greg, these were shot about 4:00 - 4:30PM but, I was on the Eastern side of the mountain with the sun setting behind me. The sky shots were taken holding a Cokin red filter over the lens. I was hoping for a little more contrast to the skies but, there wasn't much blue to the sky. I shot these stopped down to f/32 and the sharpness and detail is retarded compared to any of my 35mm shots. At 4800dpi you can clearly see all the radio towers on the mountains in the background and still pick out individual trees for quite a ways out that I could never see with the D50 or with 35mm. Carla is going to shoot me as I was looking at 4x5 field cameras on Ebay last night...LOL You end up tracking down another QL17 yet?
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr

The photo of the plank path disappearing into the trees just jumps out and catches my eye. I like it a lot!
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Great images - I also like the first one with the planks disappearing into the forest. The second one with the detail in the firns and the tree is a clsoe second or maybe a tie for first.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Thanks for the comments guys I can't wait til I get a little more used to using this camera, and film for that matter, so I can start taking advantage of it's capabilities.
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr

Thread Information