ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Father's day fun: MTBing in Crested Butte

My wife had a nasty cold last weekend and didn't want to ride so she offered to shuttle my son and me so we could ride a fun trail together. Very accommodating!
    My son who is 10 rode very well. Strong on climbs and steady on the downhills. He is on a singlespeed (his choice - he liked mom's old bike and wanted to ride it) so he did have to walk a couple of long/steep climbs but gave every one a great effort before dismounting.

Photo credit: MrsB

It seemed too soon when we met MrsB, to me anyway. I tried to get him to ride the next section of trail, the aptly named Lupine trail but he decided to hang with mom instead. I continued on solo to meet them down on the lower loop trail.

Lupine didn't disappoint!

I saw a dozen or so people out also enjoying the day and even ran into a couple of friends.

We ended the day with sandwiches and a Guinness for me at The Last Steep. Great day!
    I hope the rest of you dads had a nice father's day too!

Re: Father's day fun: MTBing in Crested Butte

Beautiful photos, Matt! Looks like you had a great and worthy Father's Day adventure! I can't believe your son is riding a singlespeed. How old is he? The flowers look amazing, too. Thanks a lot for sharing
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Father's day fun: MTBing in Crested Butte

Thanks! He is 10 and is really getting strong and skilled on both the skis and the bike. He'll be dropping me before long!

Thread Information