ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Fall Is Here

Fall Is Here

I never made a big public announcement about it, but I moved to Salt Lake City this spring. I've been looking forward to the fall colors since I moved here and they have really started to go off in the high country and up the canyons in the Wasatch. On Saturday I went to ride and shoot at the Snow Basin ski resort near Ogden, Utah. The maples are nuts right now and should be even better by next weekend. This is probably just the begining of a flood of foliage photos from me. We don't get colors like this in California. The aspens will be turning next

And to all of you who want to complain about the mountain bikers, don't bother. These photos wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for mountain biking - that's what gets me out with the camera
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fall Is Here-_z3j1441.jpg   Fall Is Here-_mg_3038.jpg   Fall Is Here-_mg_3056.jpg   Fall Is Here-_mg_3069.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Fall Is Here

Lucky you. Here we just have mosquitos.

I like the second one best. At first glance, I thought he had an animal skull on the handlebars, but no, just the rocks behind him.....

Oh wait, let me find my glasses...
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Liz

Great shots, John. The colors are beautiful......no complaints about bikes here.....

It's not quite fall in NJ.....the weather is cooler thankfully, though. I spent yesterday at the Jersey Shore...beautiful day.

Liz

John, killer pics bro but you are WRONG....

about the colors... I've been all over that state and I'll tell you right now the Eastern Sierra has WAY better colors than anything out there... Twin Lakes???? Lower Rock Creek...

Re: John, killer pics bro but you are WRONG....

Quote Originally Posted by forrest
    about the colors... I've been all over that state and I'll tell you right now the Eastern Sierra has WAY better colors than anything out there... Twin Lakes???? Lower Rock Creek...
    No way! The Eastern Sierra is awesome. But there are no maples there. Rock Creek is all about the contrast between aspens, rock, and sky. But there are more aspens here, [lus the maples. It's pretty sweet. I do love the Eastern Sierra, though. Last time we were at Rock creek I got some awesome photos.
    Photo-John

as Johnny's mommy i can tell you he lived in Eastern Canada when he was in about the first grade (and also 'grade two' as they say up there) . . . in the province of New Brunkswick, in the Maritimes . . . now that's color! - i grew up in Colorado, though, and i love the aspens

regards
    photo-mom ('captain of the ship's mom')

Trucheņo

RE: Comment from "Forrest"---add Convict Lake to your CA list. As an ex-New Jerseyite, and ex-N. Californian, I am blown away by the aspens of the Sangre de Cristo mountains, and cottonwoods of the Rio Grande valley, here in Northern New Mexico. Bottom line, it's nice to have great color wherever you have landed! :thumbsup:

Tio Ricardo

Re: Convict Lake

Forrest and I have been to Convict Lake together, in September. It is pretty damn good. The great thing about Convict Lake is the color in the rock, along with the aspens. And you're right, Richard, it's just good to have color. There's hardly any in the Bay Area and I'm just so psyched to watch the daily changes. And the maples are pretty special. Just like Forrest
    Photo-John

Talking Re: Fall Is Here

John great images - like the first one:thumbsup: . We don't get a lot of variation in colours here - mostly the poplars turn yellow and fall to the ground. Even though Fall is not officially here until Sept. 23rd, they are threatening us with snow mixed with rain overnight tonight . Oh for the days of summer. I look forward to your further postings of the Fall in the Wasatch.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Thread Information