ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

First time for butterflies

I was on vacation last week and tried to find a few new things to take photos of. This is my first attempt at butterflies, Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First time for butterflies-dsc_4355-copy.jpg   First time for butterflies-dsc_4414-copy.jpg   First time for butterflies-dsc_4523-copy.jpg   First time for butterflies-dsc_4629-copy.jpg   First time for butterflies-dsc_4635-copy.jpg  

Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Re: First time for butterflies

What a wonderful collection. I especially like number three. I do not recall seeing any blue butterflies. Did you capture these out in the wild?
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

None of these butterflies are from the United States, they are all from foreign countries and can all be found at the address below in Branson Mo. If you ever get the chance to go, the butterflies are more active between 9:00 AM and 2:00 in the afternoon. The hours of operation are from 9 to 5. If you have someone go with you try and get them to wear a RED shirt or blouse because it attracts them and you might get a shot of one on the person with you. The earlier you can get there in the morning the better your opportunities are to get good shots.

You will have opportunities to take photos anywhere from a few inches up to about 10 or 15 ft so take an appropriate lens and an external flash if you have one. They put a band on your arm that allows you access all day long if you need to go back to your car to change or get different equipment. Since it is inside and temperature controlled (75 to 80 degrees) you can go rain or shine and it doesn't matter. It does get warm when you start running around getting pictures inside so dress comfortably, Jeff

http://www.thebutterflypalace.com/
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Thanks Grand Paw,
    My wife goes nutz for butterflies or as she calls them ''flutter flies'' ..When she is having a bad day or even a good day and she runs accross one, she gets pretty happy, always, like a little kid. I love seeing her get happy. So we often do go out to places where there is lots of flowers and such and have yet to see those types of butterflies. Now that I know they are here on a visa, LOL, I understand why...I will forward that link to her. Thanks a bunch.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I like those brown ones that blend in with the wood. Don't think we have any butterfly houses around here and they're always too brief in my yard.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thread Information