ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    n8

Eye-Fi - redeemed (attn android users)

Last year I got an Eye-Fi card (a wi-fi enabled sd card if you're out of the know), and while it certainly had a wow factor, wasn't particularly useful when transmitting larger images to my, and was pretty much useless when shooting in raw unless I bucked up for the pro version. Well, it's been redeemed in my eyes now that I have it in my p&s, and finally figured out how to use the apps that allow me (or you) to shoot from whatever camera the card is in, and transfer it to your android (or probably iphone/ipad), where you can then edit and upload w/o your computer. This certainly makes for a nice ability to bypass the "wait till I get home" phase of sharing photos.

Just thought I'd share.
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

Re: Eye-Fi - redeemed (attn android users)

Huh, cool! I'd never really heard much about the Eye-Fi, wouldn't even know about it but the camera I'm lusting over has Eye-Fi integrated or something, IDK.
    Nice to know that it's not too good for larger photos (which I can get) but the redeeming feature makes me.. want one, still.

n8,

Any specific suggestions on Android apps to make this setup work best? Been considering trying one out with my point and shoot, just for grins...

Additionally, what are the current transfer speeds for these guys in real life? I've seen some of the specs, but theory vs practice, you know... ;)

Thanks,

Greg

n8

I'm not really sure about speed. don't get me wrong, its nice to shoot around the house with my d7000 and have them automatically upload, or select what you want to transfer, but I'd say it can take a minute or two sometimes. going from my s95 to my dinc is much faster though.
    I just use the eyefi app on the market.
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

Thread Information