ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

An Early Spring Walk

I took a little walk at a near by state park on Saturday afternoon. No wild flowers or wildlife in site, however I found a few things to point the lens at. I was traveling light so all of these were done with the Nikon D700 and the 24-120 VR. Hope you like them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails An Early Spring Walk-dsc_1125-2-800.jpg   An Early Spring Walk-dsc_1148-2a-800.jpg   An Early Spring Walk-dsc_1191-2-800.jpg   An Early Spring Walk-dsc_1216-2-800.jpg   An Early Spring Walk-dsc_1235-2-800.jpg  

Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: An Early Spring Walk

I tried different techniques as you can tell but I think my favorite of the day was this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails An Early Spring Walk-dsc_1141-2a-800.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Aah! Moving water with no ice.
    They are all beautiful and I agree the last shot is especially nice it has the perfect amount of water movement.
    Bob in Denver
    ==========
    Larger photos always available in my user gallery
    http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=278310

Last one would be my pick, looks like a very pleasant walk.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Thanks guys. I really played around a lot with speeds and apertures tiring to find the right combination. That last one pleased me the most, it was at 1/15 and f 14.

Nikon Samurai #13

Liz

Hi OT -

Really nice shots.....you do have some interesting and fun areas around for photo ops. I like all of the above images - so nice and peaceful - but the last is my favorite.

There aren't many photo op sites around my area, so I have to travel an hour or so to find interesting subjects. I'm still looking for a place where I don't have to drive too far so I can utilize an hour here and there to take my camera for a walk or short ride.

Liz

I enjoy seeing the differences between the fast and slow exposures,
    the stream is very nice

the first photo exif says 1/3 of a sec, if that was handheld you have rock steady hands !

Quote Originally Posted by armando_m
    I enjoy seeing the differences between the fast and slow exposures,
    the stream is very nice

the first photo exif says 1/3 of a sec, if that was handheld you have rock steady hands !

Thanks Armando. I had a good time just playing around and looking at the difference that the shutter speeds had on the way the running water photographed. All the shot that I posted of the stream were with the camera on a tripod. The others of the little water fall were hand held. Here is a hand held 1/20 of the stream. I have to admit the VR lens does help a lot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails An Early Spring Walk-dsc_1120-2-800.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

Thread Information