ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Driving and using my new Canon 10D

This past week was been bitter sweet. I lost/quit my job, but found two great images on a roll of film that I had lost. Luckily I have an interview with the CFO of an EMC subsidiary this Wednesday.

Over the weekend, I went on a drive to visit family and had to stop to take some pictures. I took out the Canon 10D for the first time and was very very pleased with the images. Using PhaseOne C1Pro is very strong and has made the transition between Kodak digital to Canon digital very easy.

A couple of pictures from the weekend.. Being able to drive my new car around northern california was also good therapy.

Loren
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Driving and using my new Canon 10D-crw_0300.jpg   Driving and using my new Canon 10D-crw_0311_bw.jpg  
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Picture #2

Picture #2 that I found on the "lost" roll.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Driving and using my new Canon 10D-california_m_0023_web.jpg  
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Congratulations and comiserations all in the same post. Hope everything goes well with the interview and you land a job quickly.

Great image this one of Menlo Park, reminds me of the southern Australian Bight area a bit.

Nice ride. 350Z ?
    So, what's wrong with another sin?

Quote Originally Posted by genious_gr
    Nice ride. 350Z ?
    No, it's the Infiniti G35.

I love both shots Loren, especially the first one. SOmething about it, the kids, the woman, the leaping dog, it all falls together. Nice.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

newb to all things photography gjhsu's Avatar
    Nice car! Nice shots! I do like the color of the coastal photo, very nice. Sorry to read about the job situation, but that just opens the door for something new, right?

Cool Car And I Love The Ocean Shot!

Quote Originally Posted by racingpinarello
    Picture #2 that I found on the "lost" roll.

It's fun driving your new wheels around, getting the feel of how it handles. Hope the therapy was good.

Great shots. Glad you found those "lost" rolls. Great shots. I agree with Seb about the first shot. All the elements just seem to come together there.

Great shot of your car as well. It looks sporty sitting there, and the old building behind it highlights it's newness and sleek angles.

I LOVE that ocean shot! Great shot.

Hope all goes well with your interview/new job! Keep us posted.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Everybody

It's been a crazy couple of days, but I always know that I can hang my hat and relate to people here. Things happen for a reason and since I'm a Leo, I have a couple of lives to go through.

The ocean shot was something as a surprise, because that day I thought I had wasted my time. It looked boring, but on film it turned out great. And the blowing bubbles was a snapshot turned good.

Thanks for everybody for the comments and I'll be around for a couple of days!!

Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

O.k. am I the only jealous one

Let me just say RIGHT up front--- that if I EVER came across anything as breathtaking as your shot(ocean and cliffs) in one of my "lost rolls" I may drop dead on the floor LOL

All my lost rolls have nothing worth having paid money for...

awesome car and beautiful scenic shot and I really like all the elements in the bubble shot especially the nutso dog diving for a bubble ( i presume) and the guy looking bored out of his mind in the background. Great "life" shot.

As far as the job --- gives you some free time to shoot and time to regroup and pursue other avenues. From what I can tell you're pretty resourceful and all will be well soon.

Take care
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Happy/sad news...sad that your job situation has changed, happy that it will probably be short-lived, with a new opportunity coming your way. These images are great...that landscape of yours is superb. Let us know how you fare with your interviews.
    Charles

Glad to see you are enjoying the 10D and some free time. Strong composition with the car and warehouse. People always talk about how the person, place or thing should be pointed into the frame but I like when things are pointed away. Much more dramatic.

Hang in there buddy. If anything, you can always hang in Chicago and fart around with me and Seb; have you seen his girlfriend? ; )

Dennis
    "Foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wink Have you seen his girlfriend? ; )

Quote Originally Posted by dsl712
    Glad to see you are enjoying the 10D and some free time. Strong composition with the car and warehouse. People always talk about how the person, place or thing should be pointed into the frame but I like when things are pointed away. Much more dramatic.

Hang in there buddy. If anything, you can always hang in Chicago and fart around with me and Seb; have you seen his girlfriend? ; )

Dennis

DANG, that's cold Dennis!!! :-O

But then again, Rhi is a good looking girl! ;-)

Hehehehe
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Liz

Hi Loren

I'm sorry to hear about your latest challenges. Not fun. However, you'll probably land something even better. I hope your interviews are positive - and like others have suggested, enjoy your free time.

I enjoyed viewing the photos. Your family photos are very upbeat, and it was a delight looking at them. Thanks for posting them here. I also like the barn.......and what can I say about the car? If you're ever in NJ, I'd be happy to take a spin!

Your "lost images" certainly were a nice distraction - to say the least. Beautiful!

Take it easy, enjoy your 10D and car.......be cool during the interviews........and keep us updated. It's always good to see your around!

Quote Originally Posted by racingpinarello
    This past week was been bitter sweet. I lost/quit my job, but found two great images on a roll of film that I had lost. Luckily I have an interview with the CFO of an EMC subsidiary this Wednesday.

Over the weekend, I went on a drive to visit family and had to stop to take some pictures. I took out the Canon 10D for the first time and was very very pleased with the images. Using PhaseOne C1Pro is very strong and has made the transition between Kodak digital to Canon digital very easy.

A couple of pictures from the weekend.. Being able to drive my new car around northern california was also good therapy.

Loren

Thanks Liz, Charles, and others

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    I'm sorry to hear about your latest challenges. Not fun. However, you'll probably land something even better. I hope your interviews are positive - and like others have suggested, enjoy your free time.

I enjoyed viewing the photos. Your family photos are very upbeat, and it was a delight looking at them. Thanks for posting them here. I also like the barn.......and what can I say about the car? If you're ever in NJ, I'd be happy to take a spin!

Your "lost images" certainly were a nice distraction - to say the least. Beautiful!

Take it easy, enjoy your 10D and car.......be cool during the interviews........and keep us updated. It's always good to see your around!
    I will hopefully have good news by next Tuesday. I really appreciate everybody here and wish everybody good wishes.

Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

Great images!!

Sorry to hear about your job situation, but like you said, everything happens for a reason, and I'm sure something better/more rewarding will come along very soon.
    As for the images, they are just fantastic, really good stuff there.
    And nice car too!!!
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!!
    Brian

Ghost
    Geez Loren, who needs a job with photos like those!

Good luck with the interviews......hey, now we can share equipment

Thread Information