ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Dripping Wetness

We're well on out way here in SoCal to have the wettest rainy season ever recorded...should break the record by the end of the week they say... one effect of this has been the amazing wildflower blooms... the deserts have been going crazy... I got down to Anza Borego last weekend and it was amazing (still working on those images), but yesterday I shot some stuff under a slow drizzle in the Santa Monica mtns. I bought a set of Kenko extension tubes and am shooting with the ever sharp Canon 50 f 1.8 II lens on a tripod with a flash on an off camera shoe cord in various positions. The biggest challenge is getting the plant to sit still... the Canon 20D continues to impress... the crops are unsharpened, the full frame shots are sharpened/optimized for web, all have a "velvia" color treatment performed on them.

-Alan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dripping Wetness-_mg_6914_web.jpg   Dripping Wetness-_mg_6914_webcrop.jpg   Dripping Wetness-_mg_6995_web.jpg   Dripping Wetness-_mg_6995_webcrop.jpg  
    www.DigitalMTB.com
    www.alandavisphoto.net
    "There are no honorable bargains involving the exchange of qualitative merchandise like souls, for quantitative merchandise like time or money." -William S. Burroughs

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Re: Dripping Wetness

I like that first one Alan.
    It has some great textures and the bubbles are really interesting.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Wonderful!!! Love how you have captured the water droplets and refections. Great job. Macro can be a lot of work but well worth it.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Alan,

Wonderful shots. Impressed by the crispness, very nice. Love the bubbles on them.

Nice shots,

Jared

Talking Re: Dripping Wetness

Quote Originally Posted by kafin8ed
    We're well on out way here in SoCal to have the wettest rainy season ever recorded...should break the record by the end of the week they say... one effect of this has been the amazing wildflower blooms... the deserts have been going crazy... I got down to Anza Borego last weekend and it was amazing (still working on those images), but yesterday I shot some stuff under a slow drizzle in the Santa Monica mtns. I bought a set of Kenko extension tubes and am shooting with the ever sharp Canon 50 f 1.8 II lens on a tripod with a flash on an off camera shoe cord in various positions. The biggest challenge is getting the plant to sit still... the Canon 20D continues to impress... the crops are unsharpened, the full frame shots are sharpened/optimized for web, all have a "velvia" color treatment performed on them.

-Alan

Just what I thought they'd be!

Alan, I really like the first one and the last one. Awesome shots, and great closeups. Thanks for sharing these, and I hope the rain stops soon!
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information