ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Decisions (sunset Picture)(Greg)

Well after thinking a great deal, I think I have decided to stay with Olympus equipment. I thought about switching to Nikon but I just can't break free from being brand loyal. I just wish the Olympus lens line up was in my price range. Nikon is so much cheaper but the images show that too. Sorry Nikon fans but bar none Olympus has better image quality out of camera than any brand I have seen, No PP required. But Olympus needs some good fast lens's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Decisions  (sunset Picture)(Greg)-sunset.jpg   Decisions  (sunset Picture)(Greg)-sunset2.jpg  

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Re: Decisions (sunset Picture)(Greg)

Tyson glass prices have been coming down which in turn is driving the used market down too. I use to see the 7-14mm at around a grand but suddenly I have seen a few much cheaper used.
    I got my 12-60mm for less than half of retail and was in mint shape. But I also saw a Nikon DX3 for $2500.00. Get one of those and you could be set for life. You can find some very good deals on craigslist if you just keep looking back.
    If Olympus puts out a new pro body this year or early next year then the prices of the E3 will drop.
    I think the D50 is basically an entry level camera much like the Oly 500. It is tough to compare the d50 to a 510.
    But I am glad you are staying with Olympus. I think you need to shop hard for a 50-200mm.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information