ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Need help with project ideas

My brother's 40th Birthday is coming up and I wanted to make him a nice image for his wall. He loves wine and port, so I wanted to use that theme, but I'm having a hard time coming up with inspiration.

My initial thought was to make a 3 panel display. panel 1: Grapes on a vine, panel 2: wine cask, panel 3: bottle of wine and wine glass.

If I don't come up with anything else I will go with it, but I was hoping for something a little more artistic.

Does anyone have any better ideas? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

Combining Passions?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Platts
    My brother's 40th Birthday is coming up and I wanted to make him a nice image for his wall. He loves wine and port, so I wanted to use that theme, but I'm having a hard time coming up with inspiration.

My initial thought was to make a 3 panel display. panel 1: Grapes on a vine, panel 2: wine cask, panel 3: bottle of wine and wine glass.

If I don't come up with anything else I will go with it, but I was hoping for something a little more artistic.

Does anyone have any better ideas? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike
    I don't know that I have any BETTER ideas -- I like your original. It sounds soothing & sophisticated. But if you want to brainstorm and hear some slightly off the wall suggestions, read on.

Can you combine his love of fine wine with something else he likes? What are his other interests? Do they go with wine? Or would one of them make a nice contrast/juxtaposition?

For example wine and ... baseball, musical instrument(s), airplanes, trains, a favorite city/destination, hiking/nature, cycling, skiing, books/reading, motorcycles, black leather, horse racing, maps, etc.

You could also do something with the theme of 40. Show 40 bottles of wine, 40 corks, 40 types of grapes, 40 famous vineyards, etc.

What about some historical photos of his favorite vineyard(s). (Of course, you would have to buy those vs. create them.)

Purple feet to represent the REALLY old days of squashing grapes? Does he have young kids? Can you get them stomping grapes in a metal tub?

What about a fantasy fountain that sprays wine instead of water?

OK the last 2 are a little zany, but that's part of the brainstorming fun!

Enjoy and good luck.

Will you post your pix when they are done?

Thread Information