ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

D70 Fireworks.......

Went to our Canada celebrations in our Town yesterday (1st July), Happy Canada day to all my fellow Canadians.

First attempt at fireworks with the D70, still getting used to the camera. Only 3 weeks old.

Nikon D70
    10 seconds @ f22
    kit lens 18-70mm
    Tripod

Regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D70 Fireworks.......-dsc_0048-copy-2.jpg   D70 Fireworks.......-fireworks0033-copy3.jpg  
    Happy to Photograph
    Norman

Great choice to include the people in the second one, well done.

Interesting how close the colors are to the ones I took with my D100. Just goes to show how close the camera re in lineage.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

I knew I wanted some foreground interest, on the print they are more visible. Trouble was everything was happening so fast, I forgot to pay more attention. These two were thet best.

Thanks for your response, I'm glad I got the D70, thanks for your advice before hand. By the way what's your take on the back focus hysteria on some other sites?

Regards
    Happy to Photograph
    Norman

Quote Originally Posted by Norman
    Thanks for your response, I'm glad I got the D70, thanks for your advice before hand. By the way what's your take on the back focus hysteria on some other sites?
    My view on crying children is, let them cry. THey'll shut up eventually...

If you have no issues with yours, then you have no issues. I don't get the whole backfocus thing. It reached hysteria levels with the 10D, the D100 before it, and now the D70. I guess they got bored bitching about Moire, eh?
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Nice work - I'm looking forward to Sunday to shoot fireworks digitally. That's a first for me, but I'm also going to shoot some film for comparison. These results look great, colors are very strong.

Funny thing about the hysteria about focus problems. Reading about the Fuji S2 (which I've had for almost a year), some people say the autofocus is horrible but if you learn how it works it's not bad. Paying more attention to how I shoot made my keeper rate go up - even shooting concerts at ISO800 with apertures faster than 2.8 (as in very low light levels). Let them complain, go shooting!

Talking Let them complain, go shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Nice work - I'm looking forward to Sunday to shoot fireworks digitally. That's a first for me, but I'm also going to shoot some film for comparison. These results look great, colors are very strong.

Funny thing about the hysteria about focus problems. Reading about the Fuji S2 (which I've had for almost a year), some people say the autofocus is horrible but if you learn how it works it's not bad. Paying more attention to how I shoot made my keeper rate go up - even shooting concerts at ISO800 with apertures faster than 2.8 (as in very low light levels). Let them complain, go shooting!

Now that's the right attitude to have!!!

:-)
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information