ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

PS did ya know

each post has an edit feature that let's you make corrections and helps people like me make more sense (I use it A LOT)
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Ash
    I like solving problems. That's what's fun for me. I started learning about computer programming in High School and eventually found my way into a career using it. Many non-software folks would probably never guess at how creative one can be in coming up with new solutions to familiar and sometimes new problems.

Software design, even before writing a lick of code, is a highly creative process. Much like designing a new building or office space. Granted there are rules and boundaries to follow but it can be a lot of fun.
    You're right in that programming and problem solving are very creative. Manipulating the limited vocabulary and strict syntax of a programming language to some elegant solution is a rush. The tug of war between the creative side and the logical side is especially strong in this. For a while I had to set an alarm to 'wake me up' from that world I went to while writing code so I wouldn't miss my ride home at the end of the day.

Programming has changed a lot since there are gobs of solid modules around now without the memory restraints there used to be.

I now enjoy getting into that creative other world while painting and am pretty much just using the computers as an end user. I've gotten tired of endlessly learning new languages and keeping up with old ones, although I'm afraid I'm going to have to learn some more advanced html, java and flash programming for some changes to our website. Maybe it's time for 'getting the xxxx out of Dodge'.

Working with cars and motorcycles give some of the same troubleshooting enjoyment as programming can.

Do you have a website with some of your computer work?

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    We have firend's that swim competitively here in Beverly , MA...too wonder if you guys swim against each other?

BTW I really love the colrs in the friend cooking shot...I'm jealous you have lime colored walls

I would love to see you pursue a series or add'l shots with the flame fromt he gass tove and the lime walls...maybe incorporate some cobal blue or chartruese bottles or stem ware...I don't know maybe some oranges and reds too(how I don't know I just se things---not dead people----

thnaks for posting and sharing

well, i just started swimming once a week with the team... as in, not even officially a member yet. it's the middle of their season, but i attended a swim clinic and the coach invited me to swim with them, so i took him up on it. i plan to officially join during the next cycle... if we have a meet against beverly team in the future, i'll let you know!

lol about the lime color because it's unfortunately not my house! i was visiting a friend over the weekend. i love that color too! i have always had a love affair with the blue gas flames... when i'm back there i'll try and take some more shots incorporating your suggestions. thanks for the great idea to do that! i have yet to do a "series" so it'd be fun to try it out...

cheers! and as always thanks for posting nat. your pics are always great.

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    each post has an edit feature that let's you make corrections and helps people like me make more sense (I use it A LOT)
    thanks! hadn't tried it yet... cheers.

here's another outlet

I've done a few Tshirts for friends around Easter time and such and for them to give as gifts at Xmas, just for fun...this was one of the designs...

the original image was cut out of matboard and was 30" by about 48" (got destroyed in a move...) this is all that's left of it

the cross was made by placing masonry nails on a scanner and scanning...

just thought i'd share since there has been a few drawing and paintings.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information