ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Covent Garden - general shots

HI all

Further to the image I posted in critique, here are a few other pictures I took yesterday. The first is at St Pancras station which is where the Eurostar train runs from London to Paris/Brussels. The statue looking at the Eurostar trains is Sir John Betjeman, one of the great 20th C British poets.

The second shot is of a street entertainer (and very good he was too!) To take the shot I stood under the church portico where Henry Higgins met Liza Doolittle for the first time as he was sheltering from the rain.

The third shot is a street artist in Covent Garden market itself. I quite liked the 'trinity' of the girl, the drawing, and the poster.

Cheers
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Covent Garden - general shots-cg-03-j.jpg   Covent Garden - general shots-cg-02-j.jpg   Covent Garden - general shots-cg-01-j.jpg  
    Mike Dales ARPS
    My website: www.mikedalesphotography.co.uk

Re: Covent Garden - general shots

Nice shots, all! The second one brings back fond memories of having dinner at Covent Garden with my bride and looking down from the balcony at all the street performers on a Summer Sunday evening much like this one

Thread Information