ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

A couple from The Garden of the Gods Park

The park is located Colorado Springs. Taken with the D70 and 18-70mm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A couple from The Garden of the Gods Park-_dsc3843-sunset-tree-2-preview.jpg   A couple from The Garden of the Gods Park-_dsc3734-huge-formation-1-preview.jpg  
    Regards,
    Brian

Samurai #6
    My Gallery
    Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter. - Ansel Adams

Excellent shots ... I'm most impressed with the detail that can be seen in the shadows. Polarizer used in the 2nd? That deep, rich blue is really nice.

Thanks Charles...

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    Excellent shots ... I'm most impressed with the detail that can be seen in the shadows. Polarizer used in the 2nd? That deep, rich blue is really nice.
    for the kinds words, always appreciated. Yep, on the second a polarizer was used, but I took a few of this formation, and the ones without the polarizer had a nice blue sky as well. I choose this one because it had the best composition and detail. Most of the time I don't need a polarizer to get bluer skies with the D70, but I do like it to increase contrast and cut down on reflections.
    The first image I was quite pleased with. This was a very difficult scene to shoot because of the lighting, so I took a few, and on this one I used the "low contrast" tone curve with the D70 and some exposure compensation.

Thanks again Charles!!
    Regards,
    Brian

Samurai #6
    My Gallery
    Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter. - Ansel Adams

First one is nice, second one is a bit too flat for me.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

I love that place!

I love the Garden of the Gods, the fact that it's kept free to the public (left to them in the will of the original landowner) and right in the middle of the Springs!

I think your second shot does well to convey the dramatic beauty of this place. I think if people realized how centrally located it is, they would have a greater appreciation of this place's extreme, natural beauty.

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian
    First one is nice, second one is a bit too flat for me.
    for commenting Elysian, much appreciated!!
    Regards,
    Brian

Samurai #6
    My Gallery

I Totally Agree....

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    I love the Garden of the Gods, the fact that it's kept free to the public (left to them in the will of the original landowner) and right in the middle of the Springs!

I think your second shot does well to convey the dramatic beauty of this place. I think if people realized how centrally located it is, they would have a greater appreciation of this place's extreme, natural beauty.

Rick
    It's damn near right in the middle of town, and what an amazing place it is, along with Red Rocks Park near Denver as well.
    Thanks for the kind words Rick!!
    Regards,
    Brian

Samurai #6
    My Gallery

Excuse me while I burn in the sky Clicker's Avatar
    Very Nice Shots... I agree that you have great detail in the shadows, Especially on the first one!

Looks like a beautiful area.
    Rachel

What happens when you hit a Thousand? Should I watch for Balloons?

Thread Information