ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

The Christmas Story in Photos

So I got this inspiration to use all the nativity sets we have around the house to tell the Christmas story in photos...here's the results (along with the Scripture References, taken from the NIV translation of the Bible)

In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. (This was the first census that took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria.) And everyone went to his own town to register. Luke 2:1-3

So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child.
    Luke 2:4-5 (NIV)

While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.
    Luke 2:6-7 (NIV)

And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
    Luke 2:8-12 (NIV)

Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."
    Luke 2:13-14 (NIV)

When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, "Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about." So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger.
    Luke 2:15-16 (NIV)

After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him."
    Matthew 2:1-2 (NIV)

After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh.
    Matthew 2:9-11 (NIV)
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Re: The Christmas Story in Photos

Axel ... very nice and appropriate for the season. A peaceful Christmas to you and yours!

Cheers
    Mike
    Mike Dales ARPS
    My website: www.mikedalesphotography.co.uk

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Your idea has given me ideas. Well done and so appropriate.
    Joy to you and all this Christmas season.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

very creative! hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
    "I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen." ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

Thread Information