ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Poster Formerly Known as Michael Fanelli mwfanelli's Avatar

Canon: More than Cool, SUPER COOL!

OK, forgive my enthusiasm. Not only did Canon repair my long out-of-warranty S400 for free, but they did it with a ONE DAY TURN-AROUND! UPS got the package to them on November 28. Canon fixed it and shipped it back, FedEx 2-day air no less, yesterday November 29! I should have it tomorrow. That's not just cool, that is super cool.

I am rarely a fan of companies, its just isn't in my nature. But Canon's customer service has been spectacular and will definately keep me in the Canon camp for a long time.
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

Re: Canon: More than Cool, SUPER COOL!

Super cool, indeed. Even better than my very positive and similar Fuji experience but that was a 2-1/2 week turnaround. Praise where praise is due!

Would you go so far as to consider them "boss?" Or are they just SUPER COOL?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

They did the same with my 50mm f1.4 FD lense 3 years back. This is in the UK (Country not known for service). 3 days start to finish darn was I impressed. Lense was bought on 4th October 1980.

Two weeks ago my Garmin Chartplotter broke and I took it down to Garmin and they took a look at it while I waited and reported they would have to log it in for repair as they couldn't upgrade the software. 4 days later a brand new one arrived. Mine was 2 years out of warranty.

Guess who I go to for Cameras and GPS systems.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Would you go so far as to consider them "boss?" Or are they just SUPER COOL?
    Don't be silly, they aren't "boss", they are GROOVY." Got the camera back Friday at 6PM, so it was really 1 day overnight!

I think they also changed the firmware with a version not advertised for consumers. The screen now indicates the zoom factor (like 3X, 2X, etc.).
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

[QUOTE=mwfanelli]Don't be silly, they aren't "boss", they are GROOVY." Got the camera back Friday at 6PM, so it was really 1 day overnight!

I was thinking "out of sight" or "Righteous"
    Karen
    Calif.
    Oly-ef370 12/08
    Oly- Evolt 510 01/08
    Sony h-5 10/06

Why not rad?

[QUOTE=karen m.]
    Quote Originally Posted by mwfanelli
    Don't be silly, they aren't "boss", they are GROOVY." Got the camera back Friday at 6PM, so it was really 1 day overnight!

I was thinking "out of sight" or "Righteous"
    You must be too young! It's "outta sight, man."

Thread Information