ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

canon eos advice

which of the canon SLR film cameras you advice me to buy

canon eos rebel 2000
    canon eos rebel ti
    canon eos elan II
    canon rebel t2

or Nikon n75

thanks

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: canon eos advice

Welcome to the forum! I guess it all depends on what you want to do with it. I haven't used any of these cameras so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I have use a Rebel G in the past, and I liked it a lot. It's a step below all the EOS models you have listed. I think any of the cameras you listed would be a great investment for someone new to photography and looking to get their feet wet. My suggestion would be to go with the Elan ll tho. From what I can remember, I think it is much more advanced, and has a lot more features than the rebels. If you are new to photography, those extras on the Elan ll might not mean anything to you, and so it might not be worth the extra $ to get features you wont use. But the more you learn, the more you might want those extra features. Think of the purchase as an investment into your future photo system, and figure out what has the features you want and need, and go for there. I didn't mention the Nikon, because I have never owned or used one, so I don't know anything about it. I'm sure it is just as good as camera as the Canons. I would also suggest going to a local camera shop, and checking all of them out in person, so you can hold them, and see what feels the best to you. I'm sorry if this is over simplified, but I don't know where your coming from as far as your photo experiance, or what your looking for in a camera. A couple quick rules to think of when buying photo equipment is to consider the system you are building for the future, and buy the best that you can afford, so you don't have to keep upgrading your equipment.

Hope this helpes.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Re: canon eos advice

Michael I believe summed it up nicely, but truly, camera choice is pure personal, and how much you like the camera. That being said, welcome to the boards and I hope you enjoy your stay,

Jared

Thread Information