ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Calling all moms---and dads

everyone always talks about their kids and we often get little shots here and there...

so in my usual natalie way...could you post pics of the rugrats that keep you young,happy and moving... ;)

from left to right

Anastasia, 2 , Christopher, 13(Larry's son) Joseph,15 (my son)
    Elizabeth, 10 (Christopher's sis but we call her ours) and Caleb,2 (soon to be three)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Here's a rugrat for you

This guy keeps me moving, his lack of fear explains why he has a broken thumb right now.

Nice topic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calling all moms---and dads-jackjumping21.jpg  

My rugrat is 13, so now I'm old, dumb and not much more than a money-dispensing taxi driver who does everything wrong...

OK, here's one, taken at his "new" grandma's house this past November. He is *just* 13 here.

The laptop is his. Notice the photos on it? He's quite an amazing little photographer. You should see his snowboarding shots!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calling all moms---and dads-micah%40mils.jpg  
    Last edited by opus; 07-30-2004 at 10:58 AM. Reason: switched photos to get a better one of his face
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    My rugrat is 13, so now I'm old, dumb and not much more than a money-dispensing taxi driver who does everything wrong...

OK, here's one...
    you forgot to add boarder to the list of things we do for teens...you pay for his room and board and are just a stepping stone to HIS world...and adult independance...hey guess that makes them a lot like cats... Thanks...
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Ouch

I have two of my own don't let those angelic looks fool you
    ;)
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Opinionated Newbie
    You don't have to ask twice

Typical Poses

I like this one because Camden has always been pouty. He was born with fear for some reason. Here's Cam on the first boat ride of the season.

I have pics of my wife, but they're not for public consumption

Opinionated Newbie
    Just to assure you, Cam lightened up a bit and started to enjoy the ride. Either that or he was praying!

And finally, Nolan does not always have a frown on his face...

Talking My little guy

Here's a picture of my boy.

this is what happens when Dad looks after him.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calling all moms---and dads-img_0582.jpg  

Kids what are you gona do??

Well my baby is 21 and it's even hard to get them all together any more. However last weekend three of them were home two with spouses. Their brother who is living in Texas, and wasn't able to make it home with the others last weekend, spoiled more pictures throught he years with his antics just as I tripped the shutter that the others though it would be funny to send him a picture using one of his favorite tricks. Here is the result.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calling all moms---and dads-just-sam.jpg  

Opinionated Newbie
    Max -- that is one cute little boy! Great eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Patten
    Max -- that is one cute little boy! Great eyes.
    Thanks Todd.

He's My Wife's and My Pride and Joy. The comment about his eyes is the complement we get the most about him. And what you see in the picture is his demeanor most of the time.

Not the best composition, it was one of those shots where I quickly grabbed the camera and took the shot. Taken with my Canon A70.

And FYI he will be six months Aug 1.

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    everyone always talks about their kids and we often get little shots here and there...

so in my usual natalie way...could you post pics of the rugrats that keep you young,happy and moving... ;)

from left to right

Elizabeth, 10 (Christopher's sis but we call her ours) and Caleb,2 (soon to be three)
    Here's an old rugrat era shot of my daughter who is now in the third year of med school. I'll have to hunt around a little for some of the others.
    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/ph...16_171027.html

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Thanks for the laugh!

That's great.

I haven't started a family yet - so all my babies are my photos that you've already seen here!

Megan

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    Here's an old rugrat era shot of my daughter who is now in the third year of med school. I'll have to hunt around a little for some of the others.
    Hey Chuck love that Tri X. Very nice image. I shoot a lot of Tri X in Pentax's in the late 60's. Wonderful film and the Pentax lensesere very good for their day as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Hey Chuck love that Tri X. Very nice image. I shoot a lot of Tri X in Pentax's in the late 60's. Wonderful film and the Pentax lensesere very good for their day as well.
    Thanks.
    I didn't get into photography until after I got out of the Navy in 1980, and with too big a young family a K1000 with a stock 50mm, a cheap zoom lens, and bulk BW film I could load and develop myself was about the only way I could afford to do it. I never did get good enough to justify upgrading equipment and I didn't really feel the need. Old eyes have made me a fan of autofocus and I suppose I should really get a camera that'll use IS lenses to compensate for an old man's shake.
    Let's see some of that old BW.

Did much the same.

Thanks.
    I didn't get into photography until after I got out of the Navy in 1980, and with too big a young family a K1000 with a stock 50mm, a cheap zoom lens, and bulk BW film I could load and develop myself was about the only way I could afford to do it. I never did get good enough to justify upgrading equipment and I didn't really feel the need. Old eyes have made me a fan of autofocus and I suppose I should really get a camera that'll use IS lenses to compensate for an old man's shake.
    Let's see some of that old BW.
    I did much the same as you bulk loading Tri X and developing my own while in college. I have tons of old B&W negs, but never got a scanner. I didn't start posting here untill I went digital about a year ago. Still love B&W but have had some problems learning to convert digital images to good looking grayscale images. Old dogs and new tricks, you know the story.

It's hurricane season... again...
    Here's my most recent pic; far from the best, but it's one of the few that I have with all three of them! Left to right: Rachel (7) Alex (12) and Haley (10).

Thanks for asking Nat!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calling all moms---and dads-kidswaterfall.jpg  
    Kristin
    Canon Bird Nerd #2

Okay, I've been out of town, but I have some I can post, even though we've all seen my kids a bazillion times

later today....

adina
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Beware: Mom With Camera

Alas, these are my rugrats - this one is NOT taken by me. This is a la the cheesy picture people... until I get some backdrops I take them there to "pose" them for the obligatory grandparent pictures. Every pic I take of them is "weird".

From left to right is:
    Charlotte (soon to turn 3), Madison (soon to turn 5) and Christian - who was one 5 days after this pic was taken. Of course, most of you know what they all look like, as they are my models. ;)

Kate

Me Myself and I

Anastasia is an exact dublicate of her mom, cute as a button!!
    (I absolutely LOVE that name!!)

Great lookin family you's guys!!

Talking Oh, Goody, A Rugrat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach

from left to right

How ironic that we went to the beach Saturday afternoon to take pictures! We got there early (too early, the sun was harsh), but as it turned out, it started raining as we were leaving.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calling all moms---and dads-244-10-pr.jpg   Calling all moms---and dads-244-13-pr.jpg   Calling all moms---and dads-243-25-pr.jpg  
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

great looks on these

thnaks for sharing your sweeties
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

I dare say he looks like you although your eyes and nose are all I'm familiar with
    ;)

that's about the same spot my teen can be found
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

nice!

nothing like the booger brigade....Ha LOL
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

what a great shot

now why? aren't you posting some old shots...too...are you holding out on us?
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information