ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    misanthrope

rats, mice, and ice cream cones...

Quote Originally Posted by prbowhay
    Maybe Outdoorsman can drive down from Del Norte, we can easily drive up from L.A.
    Penny, you have got to be the kindest soul on the 'net. I would love to come down to the Bay and meet everyone. I think it would be pretty cool, even if we didn't go on a photo safari. Alas, though, I cannot partake in such a gathering. My life is an insane quagmire of obligations, the most painful of which is money. I simply can't afford to do it. I can barely afford to do photography, but I'm addicted, so I can't help it. Gotta get my fix!
    If I were to somehow manage to weasel my way out of work and everything and find a ride down there (no car to call my own ) and round up the money, then I'd be more than happy to show up. I may be going on a college field trip over the Labor Day weekend, so I may have to choose between the two. We'd be going directly east of me to the Lava Beds National Monument and Klamath Wildlife Refuge part of Northern Cali. The bald eagle shooting is supposed to be ideal, with rentable photography blinds and more photo ops than you can shake a monopod at. It depends also on whether that trip is even going to happen- the biology prof hasn't contacted me in a while; he may be off in Yellowstone photographing grizzlies or bison... he tends to do that every summer...
    Anyway, thanks for the invite, and I'll see what I can do.
    "We've all been raised by television to believe that one day we'll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

-Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk

Bay Area Here

Near Mt. Diablo.... if you're interested in a hike or pics up there
    And of course, resident SF "know it all" ;)
    Keep me posted to when you're here!

-VillenaDeCorte

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information