ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    A loooong way from 1000! Cowgirl's Avatar

Follow Up - Wild Doves

Hey ya'll!!!

I've been thrilled watching this family of ring-neck doves at my mom's office for the last month. They nested in a cypress tree just a few feet from her second floor office window. The window does not open, so I have been shooting through the tinted glass.

Anyway, they hatched 2 babies out of 2 eggs, and they are now nearly full grown.

I feel kinda like their guardian angel. This is the first time that I have paid so much attention to one animal family. Soon, however they will be forever leaving me and their nest. The young ones are stretching their wings and taking short flights between limbs, as mom watches.

Its been fun watching them grow up - Oh they do grow soooo fast!

Kathy
    Attached Images Attached Images    

wow

they grew so quickly---it was just a little while ago you posted the first shot...

I've had the great pleasure of watching a momma squirrel and her three kids... learn the ropes and have seen things I didn't know squirrels did. it's been fascinating--- here's one of the kids

just hanging around watching me take pics
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Liz

Talking Hi Kathy.........how sweet it is!

Thanks for the update......and the sweet bird pic. It's interesting - through the tinted screen makes the images warm - seems to be just the right mood for the images.

I always look forward to your country pics. It makes me long to get out there into nature as I sit in my office typing!

I hope you have a great 4th of July weekend.

Liz

Nice Shots Cowgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Cowgirl
    Hey ya'll!!!

I've been thrilled watching this family of ring-neck doves at my mom's office for the last month. They nested in a cypress tree just a few feet from her second floor office window. The window does not open, so I have been shooting through the tinted glass.

Anyway, they hatched 2 babies out of 2 eggs, and they are now nearly full grown.

I feel kinda like their guardian angel. This is the first time that I have paid so much attention to one animal family. Soon, however they will be forever leaving me and their nest. The young ones are stretching their wings and taking short flights between limbs, as mom watches.

Its been fun watching them grow up - Oh they do grow soooo fast!

Kathy

Interesting watching them grow. Better watch out, next thing you know, Paul will have you sitting in a foot of mud in the middle of a marsh!

Thanks for sharing these.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    GREAT IMAGES!!!!

did you happen to see the chicks in the first week..... BALD and UGLY
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Nice Capture Nat

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    they grew so quickly---it was just a little while ago you posted the first shot...

I've had the great pleasure of watching a momma squirrel and her three kids... learn the ropes and have seen things I didn't know squirrels did. it's been fascinating--- here's one of the kids

just hanging around watching me take pics

We had a family of squirrels a few years back. They lived in the woods behind us, and we would see them (three young ones) following mom through the trees on their way to breakfast.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information