ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Book Depository, Dallas

I am in Dallas for my procedure. I have always wanted to visit here. It looks just like on TV. Taken with the E-M1 and wifi to my phone then to Flickr.

Where Kennedy was shot.. by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr

Book Depository by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr

Untitled by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Liz

Re: Book Depository, Dallas

How are you doing? When is the procedure? How long does it take to recup?

I hope you're up to more photography time around there after the procedure. Nice place for doing some photography at historical places.....especially now since this month is the 50th anniversary of the death of President Kennedy.

Nice shots btw.....glad you like the EM1! Love my EM5! I wonder why the 5 came before the 1?

Liz
    Olympus E-M5 digital camera
    Olympus E-PL5
    Lenses
    Olympus
    45mm/f1.8, 40-150

Panasonic
    14-45
    25mm/f1.4
    14mm/f2.5

Liz thanks, tomorrow at 1pm I have an epidural and Tuesday the procedure to remove scar tissue, check out and come home Wednesday.
    I saw a million things to take pictures of on the drive here. I wish I had more time.
    I am not sure why the 5 came first. Maybe because this series is specifically to be a replacement for the flagship E5 and Olympus felt they had to give it everything.
    The sensor is razor sharp but it does have some odd quirks. Notice here the X is sharp and the building is a bit off. I have another shot with the same settings and both the X and upper windows are tack sharp. I don't know if it's the IS or the shutter shock issue?
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Liz

One thing that I read somewhere is that if the eye detect is on and there are no people, that the camera will focus on whatever stands out or is closer. Any chance this feature was on? Just a thought.

Liz
    Olympus E-PL5
    Lenses
    Olympus
    45mm/f1.8, 40-150

Panasonic
    14-45
    25mm/f1.4
    14mm/f2.5

That very well could be. I'll check Liz and thanks.

Sony a99/a7R

Liz

OK! So....HOW ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!?????????
    Olympus E-PL5
    Lenses
    Olympus
    45mm/f1.8, 40-150

Panasonic
    14-45
    25mm/f1.4
    14mm/f2.5

Liz I haven't felt this good in years. They took some bone marrow out of my hip during the surgery and done something with the stem cells and injected them into my disk. That part was optional and no cost. But the Dr said in his experience the recovery times was much quicker. My hip hurt quite a bit at first but I am fine now.
    As far as the surgery it went very well. I haven't felt this since before my fall. I am up and about and pain free for the most part. The Dr removed a lot of scar tissue, some bone and disc.

Sony a99/a7R

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    Liz I haven't felt this good in years. They took some bone marrow out of my hip during the surgery and done something with the stem cells and injected them into my disk. That part was optional and no cost. But the Dr said in his experience the recovery times was much quicker. My hip hurt quite a bit at first but I am fine now.
    As far as the surgery it went very well. I haven't felt this since before my fall. I am up and about and pain free for the most part. The Dr removed a lot of scar tissue, some bone and disc.
    Congratulations Greg! I'm so happy for you!

Looking forward to more photography now....

Liz
    Olympus E-PL5
    Lenses
    Olympus
    45mm/f1.8, 40-150

Panasonic
    14-45
    25mm/f1.4
    14mm/f2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Congratulations Greg! I'm so happy for you!

Looking forward to more photography now....

Liz
    Thanks Liz. I plan to really to hit it after I recoup. I have to take it easy a few weeks.

Sony a99/a7R

Cool photos if such an infamous place. Kind of chilling to have been in that very spot I imagine!

Glad to hear the procedure went well for you, I hope your recovery continues in that direction!

Yes Matt it was very somber. I was actually surprised at the X on the road. Thanks for the well wishes.

Sony a99/a7R

I have never been to this book depository and this interested me. By the way, where do you guys usually read books in the library or online?

My friend Bradley was in Dallas recently and told me about visiting this book depository. I listened with great pleasure and realized that books are a world heritage, especially for classical literature, which we all love and often reread. By the way, Bradley constantly read classic literature on the e-book site and increases knowledge. I also think to fill in the gaps and start reading classical literature.

Thread Information