ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Bon Voyage, Parker Kitty

Yesterday was Parker's last day. He's had kidney problems for the past year and he let us know it was time to go on Sunday when he stopped eating. I took this picture right before we took him to the vet, yesterday afternoon. There were three things he still enjoyed - warm sunny spots, pets, and food. When he stopped enjoying food, it was clear it was time to let him go. He was with me about 18 years - almost half my life. Together, he and Soupy, who died about three years ago, helped me learn to be a much better person. I am so grateful for the gift of their presence in my life.

Bon voyage, Little Guy! We miss you and we'll never forget you!

Here's a gallery of all the photos of Parker that I've posted of Parker:

Parker Kitty Gallery >>

Eighteen years was not enough.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bon Voyage, Parker Kitty-_dsf1540_780.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Bon Voyage, Parker Kitty

John, I know hard hard this must be. You'll always miss Parker and Soupy, but you do know when living is too difficult. You have a very nice gallery of his life.
    I lost my 19 1/2-yr-old Cuddles to kidney problems a few years ago and I know there'll never be another cat like him...they're there for us no matter what.
    get outta my face... photo from the PhotographyREVIEW.com Gallery
    Sir Cuddles photo from the PhotographyREVIEW.com Gallery
    -Pam :idea:
    "There is more to life than increasing its speed. -- Mahatma Gandhi"

Sorry John. I know how losing an animal can hurt.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Liz

John,

I am so very sorry about Parker. I write this with tears in my eyes as I know how close you and Parker have been for all these years. He has been a big part of your life and your family. I will say a prayer for you, John.

I hope you will get another kitty - or two. I have two - it has been much better around my house with two as when I am not here they keep each other company (even when they "fight" or "play fight").

Thanks for sharing Parker with us - especially now.

Liz

So sorry, John. I lost my Little One this past October to liver disease as well. I always thought I was a proponent of "natural death" and would never make the decision to take a pet in, but when I saw the misery in her eyes during her final days, I knew instinctively what the right choice was. Her final day was a gorgeous autumn day, and since the vet is a block from my house, I walked her there in my arms. Our final hour was such a peaceful time for her that I was ready to let her go, and I think her final memories were so much more pleasant than the hell of existence she'd experienced for the past few weeks.

It is such a comfort to share the moments our pets found peace during their most difficult days. My thoughts are with you.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

It's never easy when you lose a good friend...Parker lives on in some great memories,good photography moments... AND,that is wonderful. I am very sorry for your loss,John.

With regards,

Rick

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Sad to see him go, John.
    We insisted that the vet tell us if we were keeping Loseley too long, after 24 years (still longer than we've been married) we hoped she could go peacefully and without pain. And she did. That's all we can wish for.
    Tess is sitting on the bed now as I write, snoring.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Yep, I knew I would cry (we women are pretty sappy). I knew I needed to wait until I got home for work to read all this. The title of the picture in the Gallery was enough to send me over the edge. You made the right decision, you knew it was time. You were a good owner. You also gave him the best life he could have had. When I had to do this with my last cat, I decided I could not do it again. You are young tho and probably need to get a couple more, after the grieving is over. I'm thinking about you guys. Dana

so sorry about this

Photo-JenniC

What a wonderful tribute. I'm so happy that I got to know him and have him in my life. I will miss him.

aw man
    He was a lucky lil guy to have you & Jenni as his people.
    There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer. ~Ansel Adams

Sad to hear. It is very difficult for me when I have to do this. I still get broken up when I think of the last cat I had to put down, and that was six or seven years ago.

Thanks - And One More Photo

Thanks to everyone for all your kind thoughts. This is the end of a long era for me. I have either Parker or Soupy with me for almost 20 years. It is going to be strange not having a kitty cat around. It's sad waking up in the morning and not having an annoying Parker standing over me, staring at me trying to will me to get up and feed him. I also don't know what I'm going to do about camera reviews. If you look through the Parker gallery and pay attention to the cameras used you'll see he's been an important part of my camera review process

So here's one more from Tuesday, as he soaked up his last bit of sun. It's all tuna, cheeseburgers, sunny spots and catnip from here on out, little buddy...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bon Voyage, Parker Kitty-_dsf1526.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

So sorry to hear about this, John. We who have lost longtime companions can appreciate how this must be affecting you. Glad you were about to preserve some great memories, though. Wishing you and Jenni the best.

thanks for your sharing !

A touching tribute to a wonderful friend That is such a difficult decision to make. We hated to make that decision about our Hemingway, but we had to make it. We never forget them.

SailorEdgar (part of edgarandron in Flickr)

My condolences John . We have a 19yr old thats holding on for now
    Nikon D5100
    18-55
    55-300
    <<BLACKRAPID>>>>Sport2

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I was a cat person for many years and know how they can capture your soul.
    Always sad when they leave us. I'm sure you have memories that will last a lifetime.

My condolences!
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thread Information