ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Bob Denver (Gilligan) Died

How sad to hear this news. Just thought I would post about it for those that might be interested.

You know you are starting to get older when this starts to catch up on you. Know what I mean.

Re: Bob Denver (Gilligan) Died

I heard about this late today. So sad. When I was young I yearned to get washed up on Gilligan's Island and be marooned with them.

Bob Denver was on my list of people I would have liked to have lunch with someday. He'll be missed.

(The Professor was the one I had a secret crush on, though ... he was so smart!)
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Oh how sad. I always loved that show! Gilligan and Maryann ...should have been together forever!

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

What's ironic...

...is that Denver was already well-known before GI, playing the much more likeable (translate: much less annoying) beatnik character Maynard G. Krebs on the hit (and IMO infinitely better) show The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis. BTW, those who watched the show know the "G" stood for Harold!...

Still, GI, while only running three seasons (Dobie Gillis ran four), eventually mutated into the reruns from hell in syndication, and so Denver will always be better known as "Skipper's little buddy..."
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Just heard this tonight: He actually died last week, but word only got out now.

Re: What's ironic...

..is that Denver was already well-known before GI, playing the much more likeable (translate: much less annoying) beatnik character Maynard G. Krebs on the hit (and IMO infinitely better) show The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis. BTW, those who watched the show know the "G" stood for Harold!...

Still, GI, while only running three seasons (Dobie Gillis ran four), eventually mutated into the reruns from hell in syndication, and so Denver will always be better known as "Skipper's little buddy..."
    Did I ever mention that I was an Extra in the made-for-TV movie, "Surviving Gilligan's Island"? Yep, flew to LA in 2001 to be on the set. It was very interesting, to say the least.

Dawn Wells produced it and was the only original cast member on the set. The rest of the "crew" were played by lookalikes.

When Dawn Wells dies, I'll post pictures I took of her. Until then, they'll remain lost in a box in the spare room.

Thread Information