ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Backyard Osprey

Backyard Osprey

This is as close as I've ever been to an Osprey. I got one photo before the roll ran out. I reloaded and he stuck around for a minute or two, but I haven't gotten those photos developed yet. Hopefully, I'll get a good one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Backyard Osprey-osprey.jpg  

Sometimes quality can be sacrificed for the sake of getting the subject on film. While not a technically outstanding shot, it's a keeper simply because it's a first for you. Good capture.

Pretty amazing to be that close to an Osprey. My closest encounter was about a month ago kayaking on a small lake near my house. One flew about 75' over my head - never seen one around here before. Of course, I don't have any shots though...

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    LL....

Mr. Hess summed it up! you won't win a contest with it, but DON'T YOU DARE THROW IT AWAY!!!!!

Did you know osprey ONLY eat fish?
    Did you know they have 2 talons back and 2 front(all other raptors wave 3 front and 1 back)
    D id you know an osprey can see a fish 10" long underwater from atleast 2000' above(depends who you ask) and have polorised vision

another view....

osprey live throughout NORTH AMERICA from mexico to nearly all provinces of canada, maine to alaska you found a migrating osprey on his/her way back to ontario i bet ;) they began migrating back through 4-6 weeks ago
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Thread Information