ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Back from Nashville

We cut it short... too many people, not enough seats, and other things. It really gets boring, all the hand shaking and running here and there, concerts back to back for 13 hours a day, etc. I can really appreciate the pros out there shooting these events. Yet, it was a wonderful 2 days, and I learned a few things (photography related).

Anyway, here's a few from the festival. Last night I got to see Jason Aldean, Chely Wright (?), and Jeff Bates. I was allowed to shoot from the left wing of the stage. It was AMAZING, and I was a wreck until they hit the stage, and it just flowed. Most of these shots are from the front row, but a few were taken from the stage. Also, Len Snow (newcomer), and a couple local guys here.

BTW, Jason Aldean won CMA best new vocalist a few weeks back.

First, the locals, look for them soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back from Nashville-pict0935.jpg   Back from Nashville-pict0936.jpg   Back from Nashville-pict08971.jpg   Back from Nashville-pict09031.jpg  

Re: Back from Nashville

Another local, she's coming up in the scene as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back from Nashville-pict1036.jpg   Back from Nashville-pict1045.jpg  
    Last edited by payn817; 06-10-2006 at 07:21 PM.

Chely Wright
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back from Nashville-pict1048.jpg   Back from Nashville-pict1051.jpg  
    Last edited by payn817; 06-10-2006 at 07:21 PM.

Jason Aldean and one of his guitarists.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back from Nashville-pict1074.jpg   Back from Nashville-pict1144.jpg  
    Last edited by payn817; 06-10-2006 at 07:20 PM.

Is it ok to even post these? Permission was granted to photograph. Also, if someone wanted some of the better ones, could I sell them? To a private buyer?

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Payn,

As far as I understand you are free to print and post these. The trouble comes in when you try to sell them commercially. For that I think you need a release form.

Nice shots here. It must have been a trip shooting from the side of the stage That angle afforded you some really nice angles.

I wish I knew who Jason Aldean was. I listen to country but don't think I've ever heard of him. I think country music is in a slump right now anyway
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

From ther best of my unknowing knowledge (hahaha) , You can photograph anything and ANYONE is view of the public and even display them for others to see. Whether you can sell them comercially, I don't know. You don't think all the gossup mags have releases for the images they print , do you??
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Liz

Welcome back! Nice - that you were able to get so close. You really got some good shots! I'm glad you posted them here.

You might want to take your question to the Business forum below - here's the link. You'll no doubt get more replies.

http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=49

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by payn817
    Jason Aldean and one of his guitarists.

Thread Information