ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Back to the forums!

I've been away for some time, kind of lost my passion for photography, though I still shot from time to time. But, with a totally unexpected tax refund I've finally stepped up into the dslr world and reinvigorated my passion for photography!

Way back, years ago the wife and I bought a Sony DSC-F828 all-in-one, which served us well over the years. At first we thought it was great, but after learning more and more (with a great deal of that coming from these forums), and getting a better eye for the details its flaws became more and more glaring (noisy images at iso200, purple fringe, inconsistent WB when using the flash), so my interest in photography was replaced by the irritation of poor results. Not only that, it looks like it's been worked over by Mike Tyson... Overall, it's been a good camera, still takes as good (using the term 'good' lightly) a photo as it did when new....

So, after a shakey year of employment and unemployment, I totally didn't think I'd get a tax refund this year. I only hoped I would break even and not end up having to pay, but man was I surprised. Uncle sam dropped $4k right in my lap, right about the time of my wedding anniversary. So, it didn't take long for the wife and I to pick out our present to ourselves, and after an anxious week of waiting a wonderful box from B&H showed up from the brown santa!

We bought the Sony A700 with the 18-200 lens, and the HVL-F56AM flash. What a world of differnce!

So, I think I'll be a bit more active in the forms while we get more aquainted with the new member of our family...

BM
    Last edited by Ultra Magnus; 04-09-2008 at 07:21 AM.

Liz

Re: Back to the forums!

Welcome Back! It's great that after a challenging year, you received a really nice surprise - especially coming from Uncle Sam! I still have to do my taxes (tonight hopefully). Last year for the first time I had to pay. I put more in this year, so I'm saying a prayer I get something back!.

We bought the Sony A700 with the 18-200 lens, and the HVL-56AM flash. What a world of differnce!
    I'm not familiar with Sony - but I've seen some excellent results from their cameras and lenses. I look forward to seeing what you can do with that nice lens!

So, I think I'll be a bit more active in the forms while we get more aquainted with the new member of our family
    That's great! We're all familiar with that "rush" that comes with getting something in the mail from that "brown santa" as you put it!

Enjoy - and keep us updated as to how that camera is working!

Liz

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

That's great..hope to see some results soon.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Welcome back. Hope to see that A700 go to work
    Chris Johnson
    Nikon Samurai # 30 chrisjohnsonpic.com
    Nikon D2Xs, Nikon D50, SB-800, AF Nikkor 80-200 D ED f2.8, AF Nikkor 50 D f1.8, AF Nikkor 18-55 G ED f5.6

Here are a few random shots-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back to the forums!-dsc00106-small.jpg   Back to the forums!-dsc00117-small.jpg   Back to the forums!-dsc00131-small.jpg   Back to the forums!-dsc00224-small.jpg   Back to the forums!-dsc00315-800x600.jpg  

Thread Information