ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

On Assignment II

So on the same day as the other, I get home at 6:00pm and get a call from my agent and agree to a booking she has set up for me for the following day. Call time 5:30am, 120 miles from home, booked for 10 hours of work (sunrise to sunset).

This one is a national TV commercial. Big budget stuff. About 80 people on set, real planes, real equipment. We are shuttled to the runway in pre-dawn darkness. I can see great fog around the runway but, again, I only have the wife's T33 PS so can't pull off any good stuff. Did manage to get a few of the plane and posted in this thread:

Morning on the Tarmac

They had pulled a 737 off the main runway. The first shot was the wide shot as the sun rose. To get it, the film crew is shooting from the main runway which is only about 100 yards away.

Images here are:
    1) A few of my fellow actors getting into position for the first wide shot
    2) Wetting down the tarmac to get the slick, early morning look
    3) Setting up for the next shot
    4) Testing the camera movements
    5) Crew's view
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On Assignment II-1-dsc02535.jpg   On Assignment II-2-dsc02508.jpg   On Assignment II-3-dsc02537.jpg   On Assignment II-4-dsc02542.jpg   On Assignment II-5-dsc02557.jpg  

Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Re: On Assignment II

...continuing, next 5:

1) a few of the many reflectors used that day
    2) setting up for the tight shot around the engine
    3) LUNCH - finally!
    4) lighting crew waiting for more setups while digesting
    5) yet another setup in late afternoon

Don't know when this spot will air (few months I assume). Obviously, I don't know which scenes will be used so I can't say what to look for (other than a jet ). It's for General Electric - looks to be a pretty funny one.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On Assignment II-6-dsc02561.jpg   On Assignment II-7-dsc02566.jpg   On Assignment II-8-dsc02568.jpg   On Assignment II-9-dsc02570.jpg   On Assignment II-10-dsc02575.jpg  

Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Re: On Assignment II

Thanks for sharing Loupey, this is interesting stuff. Do you think this one will air during the Super Bowl? Keep us posted....
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information